close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Quiz time/M1 Garand

Discussion in 'M1 Garand' started by eclancy, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Hi all,
    Another quiz.
    Both Winchester and Remington bid for the M1 Garand Contract.
    What was the main reason that Winchester and not Remington won the Gov't contract on the M1 Garand?
    Thanks again
    Clancy
    P.S. I will have both of my M1 Garand sites updated today or Monday. I can't post my sites address on this forum. If you need my addresses just email me. These sites have the Ordnance files on the M1 Garand.
    I hope this data helps.
    Thanks again
    Clancy

2. DocCombat

DocCombat G&G Newbie

FBNC
    Because Remington was already busy with the production of 1903 and 1903A3 and A4 rifles the Gov. dident think Remington would be able to produce both and keep up production numbers to warrent Remington the grant of the contract.

3. I read Duff's book, he claims that Winchester was the only other company to bid to manufacture the M-1 Garand, besides Springfield. Am I correct with this Mr. Clancy?

4. Doc,Itcboy,
    Remington was leased the RIA plant to make barrels for the 1903's . It and Winchester were the only two bidders for the M1 Garand. I would have thougth that Ordance should have used the RIA plant for production of the M1 but they didn't.
    Keep up the good work.
    I should have updates to both of my sites today or Mon.
    I hope this data helps.
    Thanks again
    Clancy

5. The answer is because Winchester won the two contracts for first and second educational series M1 Garand rifle production.

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    eclancy, I just wanted to thank you for these quizzes. Although I own three Garands, I am still clueless about them. But I'm learning more everyday. I really like this, one day maybe I'll be able to answer one. Thanks again!

7. Eric
    Thanks for the comeback. I have two sites on the net which are the Ordnance files about the M1 Garand. However, I can't post my site address on this site. If you email me I can email you back the sites. I think you will find them of interest.
    Itcboy, sorry but that's not the correct answer.
    Have fun
    Thanks again
    Clancy