close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rabbit receipes

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Anyone know a good rabbit receipe?

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I think this makes an excellent rabbit dish.

Remove the meat from the bones and cut it into bite-size pieces. Marinate the pieces overnight in buttermilk in the fridge. Next day, wash the meat thoroughly and marinate it for about an hour in Dale's steak sauce, then role them in flower and bread crumbs and deep fry. It's AWESOME!

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    My sister in law is German, my brother is a hunter. I think she may have a good hassenpheffer (sp?) recipe, I'll check.
    Eric, I gotta try that!

4. Bar-B-Q, Blackened, Pan fried, Rabbit Kabobs, Slow cooker style with Veggies, and Rabbit Chilli are some good starting points. I use a milk-egg flour batter, then dust them dip them two times before I quick fry them brown. Remove from pan until all pieces are browned, then lower heat to slow cook until they are done to the way you like them. The rule is still 5 min. per inch, and slower is better. I cooked some for my boyscouts over a campfire and put bar-b-q sauce on them; they never thought of doing that. Get the skewers ready for the boneless rabbit pieces, and add any kind of veggie or fruit; marinade everything together before cooking. Any kind of drinkable wine makes a good marinade base; I use this for goat meat as well.

5. mr mom

mr mom G&G Regular

we cut the legs off and brown them in a pan with flour. then put them in a crock pot .. put in 1 pack of lipton onion soup mix and 3/4 cups of water and slice up an onion. let it slow cook all day.... we do the same thing with them tree rats and even turtles......

6. keifer that bbq rabbit sounds good
    ive got plenty of rabbits in my back yard so ill have to try it :)

7. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I like to coat the rabbit meat with a corn meal/pepper mixture, and fry it

8. Try a crushed mix of rice and corn chex as your final breading it is really good ... salt pepper and a little italian seasonings before you dust with well sifted flour coat in an egg wash then dreg thru the chex crumbs tasty tasty tasty!

9. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

There's a recipe that I found in my Future Farmers of America magazine in the early 80's that used some type of sour cream sauce. I raised rabbits at the time and this was excellent. Unfortunately, my mom memorized the recipe and it died with her in '97. I've been looking for it for several years but I haven't found it yet.

10. packersfan

packersfan G&G Newbie

that is similar to how i do it except i use cord flakes instead of chex, same difference though

11. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

And then what, send them to a home for quadraplegic rabbits?
    :196: :bigeyes: :09:

12. I fricassee rabbits, like I would an old hen. You don't usually see "stewing" chickens nowadays unless you keep chickens yourself and knock off the old ones when they stop laying; everything in the markets is young and bland. Old chickens are tough but tasty, which makes them perfect for fricassee or other slow cooking.