Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0F571B21-8094-4D95-A4AB-4CA3F6242258.png
I attended a charity sporting clays shoot last Sunday and tossed the usual ten spot on a raffle ticket. My ticket was pulled.

Prize was a Mossberg 590 or equivalent value on my pick at the gun store. This was a somewhat smaller store, nothing really worked my interest, so thought about it for a couple of days and picked a Henry .22 Mag lever gun and put it on order with 10 boxes of ammo.

I’ve thought about a .22 mag here and there. My buddy actually pushed me over the edge on the decision.

Will follow up with the obligatory report(s) per normal.
Buying a gun at KAM allows a free indoor range pass to try it out. I offered the nice lady who wrote me up a crack at it when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm sure you will be pleased with the Henry decision. I have Henry's in 22 LR and 45-70, and love both of them. Congratulations!

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don’t take too much account the support that I’ve given this one particular organization because it’s a good cause. That said, I’m probly not breaking even, not that that’s a thing. It was cool to get called once.

Wife asked if I was going to donate the money back. I’ve done such before, but see some value in supporting the gun shop as well, give them a little business to keep them engaged in wanting to help the cause. Win for everyone.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Cool. I won one once on the same sort of deal, just throwing down my $20 donation not expecting anything. It was a good feeling to get drawn.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I really like the Henry lever action rifles. Absolutely everything is manufactured and assembled in the USA. I've had my eye on a 357 Magnum for some time now. One of these days I will pull the trigger.
Neighbor has one. Just check out preferred ammo for it. Forget if it was flat nose or round nose we fired. A real show piece they are.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice jerry! Is the receiver steel or aluminum alloy? Mad about not buying a Marlin 1894 22M back in the day. The Henry looks like a really quality piece.
The receiver is AL alloy. I’m not crazy in love with that, but it’s nicely done. Would be cool if a steel replacement option were available. Agreed, the Marlin is a winner.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts