close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rafting

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Lenny2, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Just got back from a 3 day White Water Raft Trip in the Grand Canyon. It was like a great movie. I laughed. I cried.
    Seriously, the rafting was awesome. The camping was the most miserable experience of my life. It was like trying to sleep in your own pool of sweat. I dubbed the location of our last night: Malaria Canyon.
    I would never do it again. But, I will never forget the experience...good and bad...

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Forget the bad and embelish the good

Lenny2: As time goes by your mind will forget the bugs and sweat, and embelish the rafting and other fun parts.

The main point is that you were there and "alive". You won't ever forget those good memories.

Oxford:nod:

3. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

Lenny i spent 17 days in the grand canyon on a raft trip in 98, im tring to get some good pictures and trip record to post here, this was not a commercial trip, it took us 15 years to get the permit, the commercial rafts are usaully 20 feet or more we did not have a raft over 13 feet, and no self bailers, one of our guys spent a night on the rocks at crystall rapid after a big flip, i will post our adventure asap