close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range Report Cobray PM-11.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Range Report Cobray PM-11.

The “pistol†feed the cheep 9mm ammo I feed it without any problems. . Had a few miss fires with Winclean but the primers were dented. The 10 round magazine kept popping out for no reason…no release button to hit. The 30 round metal magazine worked without any problems what so ever. The only problem I can think of with the 30-rd magazine is that it’s a bear to load up. I should get one of those thumb savers or something.
    Accuracy was great for spray and pry situations…at 20 yards I was able to keep most shoots inside the torso of a Q type target when I aimed. The Sights consist of a rear site that’s a piece of metal with a hole drilled in it and a post type front site. The pistol is light enough to hold with one hand but feels weird shooting it that way. Shooting from the hip and using 2 hands in a walk the rounds to the center of the target worked best…the gun screams for a laser site to be attached.
    I enjoyed firing it, as did my wife. I got to were I could rapidly empty a 30 rd mag, then spend 5 minutes reloading it…
    The pistol is designed for more of a full auto spray and pray type shooting. I have other weapons Id prefer for home defense..but got to admit that 30 rounds of 9mm would not be a bad option if push came to shove.
    Over all I like my new toy…will have to see how a laser works on it…if it helps a lot then Ill be even happier… Ive attached a pic of it and me.

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Bob, I've got a buddy who has the full-auto M11, and it a blast to shoot. It doesn't like plated bullets, but works great with any FMJ. Another friend had two semi-autos, but didn't care for them. He sold them. The semi's seemed to have some "trigger-slap" problems. One was the carbine version, with longer barrel and plastic buttstock. I didn't like the sights, but it would have been a natural for a red-dot.