Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be the first to admit, I don't know a thing about ar15's...so after much asking and research, I finally decided on a Stag M1L in nato 556 (which accepts the very close .223 round) with a six position adjustable stock and 2a adjustable rear site/handle and 16" chrome lined barrel.

I got the left handed model because if I am going to drop over 8 bills on a rifle (retail is a grand, but I am a dealer), I am not getting one that blows gas and shells in my face! (I am right handed but have always shot left handed due to dominent eye)
It was weird getting used to not seeing what was happening in the bolt area when shells flew out...but not having hot shells pop down my shirt was a good trade off!

Not knowing much about ar15s did not really slow me down....I slipped 30 rounds in the magazine that stag provided....pulled back the stock and bolt and started shooting. I was surprised at how little recoil there was...and the accuracy was outstanding. I did not even have to adjust the sites..they were dead on right out of the box.

I did start having problems when the magazine got down to 15 rounds left...the rifle was cocking, but no shell was loaded...after spraying some rem-oil here and there, I asked some of the more knowledgable ar15 guys and they said it was a weak spring in the magazine....I have some magpul's on order and that should fix that problem.

Fit and finish on the Stag was absolutely outstanding, and the upper and lower went togather with a very solid, non-rattle fit.

When I was comfortable with the rifle, I popped of 10 shots at 50 yards using only the metal handle sites....and was amazed that they all fit in a tight little 2 inch ring...not bad considering the sweat I had running into my eyes (it was 97 degrees today).

All in all I look forward to some military rifle competition, and as soon as the new magazines arive, I am sure the Stag left handed AR15 M1L will become the favorite rifle in my collection!
-Bob

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
magpul also makes magazines. junk magazines will absolutely make a good AR a jamomatic. ive been thru a pile of different mags, and have just decided to stick with D&H's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts