close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range Rod purchase

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by savageT, Jun 6, 2002.

1. savageT

savageT G&G Newbie

I need to know where to purchase a good quality brass or nylon range rod w/bore guide. I have a Traditions side-lock 50cal, 28" barrel. Anyone have a good source? Thanks!

JimT

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    try Dixie gun works, I think they are on line. Also possibly Cabela's

3. savageT

savageT G&G Newbie

Still no leads!!!!!!!Come on guys???
    Where do I find those nylon range rods with bore guide that I see the Rondevous members all using? Are they homemade rods? A couple guys have made theirs from brass....what do you use? Thanks!
    JimT

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Ok.
    one more time, mabe my catalog is to old?

Dixie gun works Inc. 1-800-238-6785
    1994 catalog number 143 pg 216
    COMBINATION LOADING & CLEANING ROD WITH MUZZLE PROTECTOR:
    Stainless steel rod with plastic handle. Rod end tapped with 8/32 thread to accept their ramrod accesories. The muzzle protector is machined from nylon and drilled to provide a sliding fit on the rod. Muzzle protector is tapered to fit two ranges of bore sizes. Alll components are impervious to the effects of BP residue. widely accepted by target shooters and plinkers for range use as a loading tool and cleaning rod to eliminate all rod contact and subsequent wear at the muzzle. Spare nylon protectors can be bought for either size so you can use two nylon protectors yet have only one cleaning rod.

They didn't have a nylon rod in '94 but might now. you also may want to consider buying the seperately sold protector and installing on your own nylon rod

I looked on the site dixiegunworks.com but did not see it. I called dixie at the above # this product is still a goog P/N about $19.00 the 36" long is P/N RA1403 the 44" long is RA1402

Believe me when I say the $5 for thier catalog is worth it. I have kept mine since '94. This got me considering an updated version.

Good Luck!

5. savageT

savageT G&G Newbie

Jerry,

Thanks for your persistance! I tried going into Dixie's Site and couldn't get much help on my own. I sent a note to them in hopes I'd get a reply on a 50cal. rangerod w/ bore guide, 10-32 threads (because that's what all my jags are).
    JimT

6. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

T/C makes a good range rod. I bought one at their store in Rochester, NH several years ago. Other places may carry them. T