close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rare GAW stock. {See Picture}

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Found this a the gun show today and bought a complete stock for as much as a good rear guard cost. I tried to tell the guy what it was and he didn't care. He kind of looked at me like a dog when you whistle. Can you tell what is so Rare?
    I also bought a 1917 U.S. Enfield by Remington with a mint barrel dates 1917. I got that for $375.00 with a 1918 dated sling so all in all it was great day and there are still good deals out there. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2002
  2. how much did you pay for it?
    What does GAW stand for?

3. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

This is the $35.00 stock and GAW stands for George A. Woody. Did you see the speacial part?

4. jdl1020

jdl1020 G&G Newbie

Rick,

Large ordnance wheel on that GAW stock. Obviously GHS stocks had both size wheels, and I've seen a few (not many - maybe 2) EMcF with both size wheels, but this is the first GAW I've seen. I have heard they existed though. Pretty cool.

joe l.

5. rare SA/GAW

the large crossed cannons ord wheel. That's really unusual, maybe the worker did it for a joke, or maybe he was a rookie that grabbed the wrong stamp.

6. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Not sure of the reason except it seemed at one time they were trying to do thing to differentiate themselves from each other. Apparently to know if there was a problem on someone's shift. I guess we will never know but this stock is right as rain and very neat. Rick B