Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCK8EUb6cqM&feature=related]YouTube - Gamo Hunter 440 .22 - Rat Hunting[/ame]

have done this before to, anyone else?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
one of my most memorable hunts was a rat hunt.

when i was about 25, after my divorce, i stayed a little while with my mother. she lived in a sububan home that had a rat problem. i was playing the "club" scene. i would come in at about 1 a.m. unable to go to sleep, so i would lie in the doorway between the living room and kitchen with my s&w m78g .22 cal. co2 pellet pistol and wait for rats to come out from behind the stove or frig.

when they came out, i would shoot them. by morning i had killed 6 rats of various sizes.
man! was it fun, cheap extermination also.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
When I was growing up in NE Indiana there were small dumps all over,on virtually any back road.I used to ride a horse to these dumps that were highly infested with rats and spend hours picking them off.That is fond memories. (and I didn't eat everything I shot!) ,,,sam.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks like a good clean shot, you can even see where the pellet hit on the block wall. I don't do much rat hunting myself. I like to hone my trapping skills on these little varmints, they aren't even regulated.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I hunt them on my Seawall down here. put out a plate of peanut butter and hit em with my ole Remington Nylon 10 bolt action with super aguella quiet .22 rounds my pellet gun is to loud. I hates Rats!

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
What was the bait?

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
This looks like it would be fun, and it would definitely sharpen your skills with the rifle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Back in the 50s some rats got into a hay stack on the farm where I lived. My dad had given me a Remington pump 22 in 1949 which was plenty accurate to pick off the rats. I would get out at first light to shoot them. That fun ended when dad put out some poision.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My dad used to take me rat hunting at an old dump, back when I was just a little tyke, during the offseason, when there was nothing else to legally hunt. I used to love going. In fact that is probably what turned me on to hunting. It was a blast.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
When I was growing up in NE Indiana there were small dumps all over,on virtually any back road.I used to ride a horse to these dumps that were highly infested with rats and spend hours picking them off.That is fond memories. (and I didn't eat everything I shot!) ,,,sam.

Hate to say it but you problubly just gave the other rats dinner for the night lol :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts