rear sight replacements

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by KingMusa45, May 25, 2008.

1. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

i want to replace the rear sight on my yugo with a weaver rail mount do you guys have any suggestion's.

2. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

3. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

^I just ordered the same kind of scout mount for my SKS. I should be getting it within a week. I'll let you know how sturdy it is.

4. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

5. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

eeeh........I still don't think it'd be stable enough. That piece of metal is less than 1/16th of an inch thick. It will move.

6. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

i checked those out.from the info i got they are horriable at retaining zero. the cover moves everytime you fire. its even worse when you rapid fire.

7. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

ive herd that too do you know if this one would do that too with the "New design with Locking Set Screws for a stable sighting platform" because i was thinking about getin one. or does any one know of one that would be better with like thinker metal or something

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

i think i'm going to try this one. it seems to be the most stable platform and the price is fn fantastic. im ordering mine tomorrow. what would be the best scope to mount on it?my ak is gonna be beautiful.:burnout:

9. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

10. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

i don't know.i dont see how those locking screws can keep the thing stable. i'm sticking with the scout mount. if you get one let me know how it works out.

11. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

well everyone seems to think these suck so i guess im not going to get one anymore :sad2:

12. KingMusa45

KingMusa45 G&G Newbie

I'm no exspert so im only speaking from opion.plus i've never owned one so i cant speak from experianse .i could be wrong and it's perfect. it just didnt look stable.

13. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Get a side rail mount put on.