Recommendations for Buying a Chrony?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by LiveToShoot, May 13, 2008.

1. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. I've been considering the same thing. I'll watch and wait to see what you get recommended. Thanks for posting it LivetoShoot. lol Saved me some typing. lmao

Don't know about you, but I'd rather not spend or have to spend a fortune. To bad we didn't live close to each other. We could split it and share it. lol

And actually, those prices aren't all that bad. I was looking at the First $84 one, the F1 master chrony. I guess it really depends on how much info you want or need and whether or not you'd like to be able to retrieve your stats. after you turn it off?

Last edited: May 13, 2008

3. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

If you guys are thinking of buying a used one, keep in mind that they do not support the early alpha models in any way, shape, or form. I have one that works fine but has the cardboard screens. I called to see if it could be upgraded with the later screens and the lady all but hung up on me when she heard it was an early model.

4. Why do you ask? Are the ones at that link used or something? lol

What do you recommend T-Man?

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  5. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Not making any recommendatios as such, just a warning in case you decide to look at used ones. FWIW, the later models are fine as far as cust. svc. is concerened. A buddy of mine has a PACT that is great but I don't remember the model #.

6. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Far as I can tell, the ones offered in the above included link are new, at what seem to be good prices.

I've been looking at a couple of used ones, but I want to be sure they're not too old...so that they are upgradeable if needed.

Thanks for the feedback...

7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

CED

LiveToShoot: Sir; since "Ohler" got out of the 'everyday' mans shooting, CED has taken over the position.

Competitive Edge Dynamics has the unit. Everything needed is available. Temp, Barometric, Altitude, Wind, the modern day spectrum.
    Consistent.
    Available for the day or competition shooters, cannot shoot the chronograph it's at the table with you.
    I have talked to 'Ohler', and asked were they bringing back an everymans unit.
    At this time 'Aug' 07 no.

8. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Thanks for the info Neophyte...

I just pulled up some additional Internet info on the CED, and a couple of other popular Chronys:
    http://www.realguns.com/Commentary/comar44.htm

Somewhat of a tough choice, and forum feedback is appreciated.

9. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Is the Chrony F-1 suitable or should a Chrony F-1 Master be considered?

10. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

11. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Billy... Thanks for info on the Chrony you've been using. I like the features it has, except I didn't see that it offers a remote location read out...so I don't have to get up from the bench to see bullet performance.

This afternoon I found a good deal on a new Chrony F-1 Master, with remote readout included...for $81.13 (item, tax and S/H included).

Thanks again for everyone who provided feedback...