Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the recommended ammo to use for my taurus millenium pro 9mm? I've been using Remington 115gr lugers and the shell doesn't come out if the chamber unless I chock it manually. Is this the right ammo to use or should I use a different brand?

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
All firearms like different types of ammo you could have two Taurus Millennium Pro's in 9mm and both could like different ammo. Your best bet would be to try a few different loads.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd try a different brand but Remington 115 grain is about as generic as good ammo gets. It should work. Is it the gun not the ammo that is malfunctioning?

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
What's the recommended ammo to use for my taurus millenium pro 9mm? I've been using Remington 115gr lugers and the shell doesn't come out if the chamber unless I chock it manually. Is this the right ammo to use or should I use a different brand?
Your description of the problem is sketchy...Is the slide even going back?

Have you used other brands?
If not, try something else. If the problem persists with other brans of ammo, then sounds, to me, like you may have a broken extractor.

115 gr is the normal bullet weight for the 9mm.

·
Premium Member
26,139 Posts
Chris if it is not extracting and ejecting on its own upon recoil, it sounds like a mechanical problem with the pistol. Assuming the ammo is new ammo and not somebodys handloads that might be suspect.

PS: Another thing to consider, if it has been taken apart for cleaning, are you sure it was reassembeled correctly. One of my cousins actually reversed the recoil spring and guide in a new pistol of his.

·
Premium Member
26,139 Posts
Just wondering if you have sorted out the problem Chris?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own a pt111 mil pro & shoot any and all ammo through it with no problems. I guess I can't help you here.

·
Banned
10,852 Posts
I have found that with all my Taurus Autos that I experience the same problem with weaker loads like WWB and the Federal sold at Walmart in the red box. After about 30 or so rounds the spent case will not eject. I don't know if they just get dirty or if it's Taurus. The hotter loads tend to work fine. I like S&B best for factory bought range rounds. For protection I like Golden Sabers. That is for factory ammo. I load most of my own range ammo and I just make sure they are hot rounds and I don't have that issue.

Seems to be a Taurus thing. I have a .45 Millennium, a 9mm Millennium and a Taurus 1911. I had another 9mm Millennium that I sold and all of them had the exact same issue you described. I never let it bother me much because even with cheaper ammo they are good for 20-30 rounds and in a protection situation I don't see myself in a 30 round gunfight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Chris. Range ammo or self-defense ammo? Remember rules #1 and #2? Range ammo your choice. Self-defense ammo, my choice. DOUBLE-TAP 115grain nosler, or their 124 grain brass-jacket hp, which is actually a golden-sabre bullet,but legally can't be termed such. Go to their web-site and check out the fps/lbs. I've tested all their ammo in my calibers-9mm-40s&w, and 45acp. It's the real deal, and the prices aren't bad either. Keep safe,be alert!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I carried Speer 115gr in my Mill Pro and never had a problem with it. it's OAL is too long to chamber in my Kel-Tec but most compacts and full size guns seem to have the clearances to handle them.

for someone like me without a chrono, most hollow points are all the same. I can 'guestimate' which load I want based on the provided factory info but since everyone seems to test out of a 4" bbl (unless you want speer's short bbl loads) it really feels like I'm buying the book because I like the cover art.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts