Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 15 years ago I traded my brother out of a rifle neither of us new anything about. It ended up being a chinese mosin m44 (no bayonet) that was brought back from viet nam by a family freind. Once I figured out what to feed it ,I was hooked I let my bro shoot it and he was p---sed . he would never buy one but keeps asking for this one back.
Now I have a 9130 , hungarian m44, russian m44, and of couse the chinese.
My bro's birthday is the 27th so I bought him an arsenal recond russian m44.
Hope he likes it..........Cuz hes not getting the chinese back......

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If it were me, I'd give him the Chinese one and keep the Russian.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
Plenty of Russkies out there...Chi-Coms now hard to find...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the only bad thing is im pretty sure that it has been refinished. the stock for sure

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
NRAJOE said:
Plenty of Russkies out there...Chi-Coms now hard to find...
Ever wonder why? The Russkies can handle a whole box or more ammo bfore coming apart at the seams :D

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I have Never had ANY issues with the chinese m44's not once......
Why would you say that?
is it politics? or experience?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
I have the Chinese T53 carbine (sadly bubba'd), it is a great shooter - fully as good as the Russian gun it's based on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stock is original but has some sort of clear coat finish the wood is a little on the ugly side but all in all great shape. I love going to the gravel pit to shoot and have every group of shooters send someone over to see what the !!!! we're shooting that makes so much noise.
Recoil envy Iguess

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Dennis said:
I have Never had ANY issues with the chinese m44's not once......
Why would you say that?
is it politics? or experience?
Politics. I am very don't buy Chinese right now:D Used to be Soviet also, but since they are no longer an economic threat to my serenity, I buy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When it comes to Mosin Nagant collecting, I'm not "ethnically" biased. I'd buy Russian, Chinese, Hungarian, Romanian, Polish and Finnish :nod:
But sadly, I've only the several Russians, Finnish and Polish. Oh, does a Bulgarian lend-lease M91 count? I do have a Chinese T53 on my list though.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
My cousin bought one 2 reno gunshows back. The last one was novemer 18th and 19th. They're great. They actually have GUNS unlike the US territory to the west of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts