close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Red Dawn

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

If this scenario ever came about what would you use and Why ? :eek: :fuss: :nod: :assult:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

M-1 Abrams again, I ain't crazy!

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

not me I ain't stopping no tank buster

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

My M17, with the 8x56 scope. If I have to use captured ammo, whatever the enemy snipers are using. Plus all the antitank weapons, explosives, etc. I can get my hands on. There would be booby traps and mines everywhere, if I am pretty much by myself. And I would not be stupid enough to eat food that fell off a truck out in the open, by a road, in the middle of the day.

5. Or standing in the open firing a AK from the hip at a Hines gunship.

6. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    More than one reason my sporting rifle is .308, the Blackhawk has a 9mm convertable cylinder, there will always be a 12ga in the house. etc. etc.

7. NRAJOE

Those Hines are pretty bad ain't they Alan?

8. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

A good movie, but that was a STUPID scene! I personally like the ambushes... bought it on DVD for $10.00.

Jesse

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Those HIND helos are tough, but I doubt they could actually withstand a RPG hit inside the cabin. Heck, even an RPG-11 has a bigger warhead than a stinger, and stingers killed plenty of Hinds in Afghanistan.

10. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'd just want to stand up and scream "Wolverines!" with a rifle in hand over my head!

11. NRAJOE

I thought HINES didn't look right. Hadn't thought of those copters for years.

12. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

The HIND H-series attack choppers are REALLY awesome. They make the C-series, which was used in Red Dawn, look like kiddie stuff. Saw the F- and G-series in Germany when I was there, and they were not something 1 man would take out by themselves, unless you used a Minuteman missle. Twin 12.7 chain guns, and changeable rocket pods on the wings. The one that fascinated me the most was the one we saw with a sprayer system installed, like the one in Rambo 3. Used to watch them fly patrol over the fence, and they were ready for battle on a moment's notice. I wouldn't be stupid enough to be in the open firing at one head-on. I'd rather take on a Kenworth bare-knuckled.

As far as what I'd use, it'd be my SAR-1, because there'd be a ton of ammo available and it'd make it difficult for the enemy to know which side was doing the shooting. Outside of that, I'd do like Klaus and get my hands on every bit of ordanace I could find.

13. Red Dawn- good movie.
    But shouldn't we be thinking of what we would do about the enemy within (liberalizume) sp.
    we are already under siege guys.

14. Pardon my spelling--Hind--I know they don't compare to our attack helos we have know, but you have to admit they have a very intimidating look.
    The Afgans used RPG to hit the rotor--Well that's what my books say.
    colt45-- and yes it is one of my favorite flicks.
    oneastrix--right on.

15. Mr (T)

Mr (T) G&G Newbie

Regarding bringing down the Hind-D...I was talking to someone in the know that the Mujahedin used a two-man team to bring down a Hind...here's how it worked...

One man with a SMLE would shoot at the pilot through the front windshield, or at least attempt to do so; when the pilot reflexively rotates the Hind to the right, the second man would aim for the engines with an RPG, or the open side door on the left for the older Hind models.

If an RPG were not available, they would take an H&K flare launcher and shoot a magnesium flare through an open window or the side door, or if the pilot did a 180, they would shoot into the open rear door.

Hopefully this will be of help to someone one day!

16. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I thought they were HIND-Ds. But I figure, if you had good camo, you could really kick some butt with a .30/.30 with a scope. Everybody has one. I personally don't think we have to worry about it. The Japanese stated that the reason they didn't invade the U.S. was because they figured that there would be "a gun behind every tree". I wish the liberals would take notice of that.

17. Mr (T)

Mr (T) G&G Newbie

Liberals think no one will invade the US because we have a strong military...but the truth is, we have a hidden army, a citizen army beholden to no military organization, and therefore less willing to negotiate with a foreign entity for surrender.

Maybe that's why they're systematically enacting/legislating more restrictive gun laws...so that it would be easier for an invading force to conquer us...hmm!

18. I thought the liberals hated the military. They sould be called Utopians.

19. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I'd use whatever I could get my hands on.

You think the Japs were bad when we had to root them out of Okinawa? Here we'd have 5 and 6 year olds armed to the teeth fighting any invader. You just can't win a fight like that, when 90% of the population is well armed and willing to die to win.

20. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

If Red Dawn happened...

I would use whatever were available to me in the UP of Michigan cause thats where I would take my family as soon as we could get there.
    Highly defendable land.
    Highly motovated people.
    Heavily armed people.

I'd make friends and dig in.