Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Thinking of putting a red dot scope on my winchester 1300 12ga. smoothbore. Does anybody hahe any advice on pros cons and what to look for/avoid. Ive never shot at a deer over 75 yds. with a shot gun and dont plan to. ( can' see that good lol ) They seem to vary wildly in price also. I'm sure you get what you pay for. Well thanks in adv. Louie

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had one on my .44 mag but it didnt like the kick. A cheap one might not like the 12 gauge either. At under 75 yards you shouldnt need one, but they are cool.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ive got a cheap bsa red dot on my mossburg 835... i got the 42mm . it picks up alot of light in the morning and late at the end of shooting time ... its a 1x , but i did hit a little buck at 76 yds a week ago ....
i like it !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I use a Bushnell Trophy Red dot on my 870 for whitetail and love it. This is my second year hunting with it on, and I've hit 3 deer with it. I find that it helps me get on target much faster than iron sights. I personally won't go without a red dot on a shotgun for deer, I like it that much

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just might have to put mine on my 870 and try it next time I go coyote hunting. I've shot them at 60 yards with the loads I use.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Get an Ultra Dot, they are so great! They make a model exactly for what you are wanting and they are reasonable in price. (150-200)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have had a red dot on my moss500 for several years and have taken deer out to 150 yrds with no problem.I sighted in 3.5" high at 50 yards with new hornady rounds and with very tight groups out to 175yrds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts