Red Dot.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Deerhunter2007, May 19, 2008.

1. Deerhunter2007

Deerhunter2007 Guest

I'm new to the site. As you can see, I've got a Remington 22. semi auto. That I only use for plinking and small game hunting squirrels,rabbit and shooting snakes. I'm looking for a good but cheap red dot scope. I would like a compact scope I was looking at the Truglo 30mm red dot that is only 50.00 but I don't want to spend my money on a piece of junk I like to shoot good groups. Don't wanna spend over 100.00 my shots wont ever be over 50 yards. So any Ideas on a decent red dot scope that will keep in zero.

2. Aim Point makes several versions I have had a few over the years with no complaints, take a look at what thay offer , I bet you will see something you like.. John

3. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

I heard Aim Point was good as Privateer said!! Check it out

4. Deerhunter2007

Deerhunter2007 Guest

They look a little out of my price range. My price range is only $100 I know u get what u pay for. But have yall seen the price of diesel :(

5. Zen900

Zen900 Guest

Look at the Tasco Propoint or Bushnell Trophy. Millet too. All between $60 and $90. When you go below $60 the dot may be too big.

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

The Bushnell Trophy is pretty nice.

7. Deerhunter2007

Deerhunter2007 Guest

I like the bushnell trophy. but has anyone tried the truglo 30mm red dots?

8. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

Deerhunter I bought a truglo red dot sight and mounted it on one of my AR-15 uppers. It works but it isn't the greatest one out there. On a bright day or in snow the dot is very hard to see. The battery on mine doesn't seem to last as long as some others out there on the market. I have a friend that bought a Eclan I think it is and has said it is night and day difference over the truglo. Ofcourse he payed way more for it.
    I think for a .22 it will work fine.