close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

reload for M1 carbine

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by cyriaque, Mar 20, 2002.

1. cyriaque

cyriaque G&G Newbie

does lee have dies?

2. testhop

testhop G&G Newbie

if you reload 30 m1 carbine make sure to check the case leanth. i didnt one time thinking that if it was shoot fromthe same gun it would be ok . but i was wrong some would not fire.
    one other thing more you can use cast slugs as you arnt driving them that fast .

3. gbear-48

gbear-48 G&G Newbie

I have been using a Lee Carbide set for years. Many folks still lube every 3rd case or so to make resizing easier.
    A charge of Win 296 ( .3 grn below book max for me ) and a decent jacketed RN 110 gn bullet made for the carbine makes a good milspec ballistic clone. CMP rates the load high -- on par with the excellent ROK .30 Carbine surplus ball .
    That's very high praise.
    The Remington 110RNSP bullet is my standard: decent expansion , not quite as much over-penetration as some bullets -- less prone to bounce than FMJ. DocGKR on m4carbine.net has good things to say about the bullet and the M1 Carbine.
    Hope this helps.

4. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Do you use the same powder and charge for each bullit? If not what do you use for the soft pts?

5. gbear-48

gbear-48 G&G Newbie

I have used the same charge for both GI FMJ (few ) and Rem 110gn 30car SP ( many ) after going through the usual load development routine.

The usual cautions apply: get a couple good loading books , readup , find a local mentor. Making home made ammo for a semi-auto rifle is a significant step-up from loading for a bolt gun.
    More potential for a devastating out-of-battery K-B.

6. Huey Rider

i reload myself but have only loaded FMJ for my M1 Carb. and have recently been thinking of doing SP's so I was curious on the Powder/charge you had best results with.Currently I'm using 15 gr H110 & 110gr FMJ.

7. gbear-48

gbear-48 G&G Newbie

CMP has suggested Win 296 as the best way to go for Milspec ballistic clone 30M1 Carbine ammo. According to CMP , the Win 296 loads and the ROK surplus are the gold standard for Carbine ammo.

I dunno about other powder loads because I always stuck with Win 296.

8. Huey Rider

Thanks,I'll have to pick some up and give it a whirl :wiggle: