Gun and Game Forum banner

reloading 10 gauge?

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jerry 
#1 ·
Can you get a press to reload 10 gauge shells?

#2 ·
Uh, you should get some response on this from what i seen on the old site. wish i could remember. are you doing steel, lead or both? do you rellay shoot enough of that big thing to want to reload? I know Canada is tought to get some specialty ammo.

#3 ·
I haven't bought the gun yet but I would be doing all steel or bismuth shot as the gun would only be used for waterfowl and our laws up here are non-toxic only. As for the amount shot, I would go through a couple of hundred rounds per year. The only problem with buying as that the shops want $35-40 per box of 25 for the stuff and $35 per 10 rounds of the steel alternative. If I could buy a reloader for the 10 gauge I would buy the gun. I'm looking at the Browning BPS by the way.

#5 ·
OK,
I'm not claimi'n to be an expert but this is what I found; Lymans 4th edition shot shell relaoding manual has data. They mention the MEC machine for reloading steel. I'm sure there are others but this should give you some sort of start in the right direction. Good luck!

#7 ·
You can load 10ga shells. MEC makes several models of reloaders that handle the 10 ga. I bought one a number of years ago, but wound up converting it to another gauge to load trap and skeet shells because I just don't shoot that many shells at waterfowl every year. I just wasn't getting much use out of it for 10 ga.

#8 · (Edited)
Tal/IL
I smell what your steppi'n in. the fly way isn't what it used to be.

More Steel Info;
Ballistic Products
Dept SA
PO Box 408
Long Lake MN 55356

Lee Precision
Dept SA
4275 Hwy. U
Hartford, WI 53027

MEC Inc.
Dept SA
715 South St.
Mayville, WI 53050

Ponsness/ Warren
Dept SA
PO Box 8
Rathdrum, ID 83858

Reloading Specialties Inc.
Dept SA
PO Box 1130
Pine Island MN 55963

Came from Sports Afield Nov. 1991 Issue

TAKE 'EM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.