Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do all my reloading in my shed.Its a good set up and i will take some pics of it for your people later on.But its now summer here and it makes it very hard to get motivated to even go out there.Yesterday i loaded a few rounds but lost interest quick.It was 42deg C,which in the F factor as you yanks use was 107.6 deg F.I dont know if anywhere in US is warm at the moment its winter there hey?But today wasnt much better with
35deg C/95deg F.I can handle winter anyday.In the shed in winter sometimes it gets as cold as -6 deg C which is 21.2 deg F.And where i go fishing it can drop down to -15 deg C or lower which is 5 deg F with wind chill going way bellow -20 deg C/-4 deg F.A lot of people probably have a room in their house for reloading,but a lot of aussies love their sheds and do almost everything in there.Just out of interest,who loads in their house and who loads in their shed?And how hot or cold does it have to get in your shed before you call it quits?

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Having grown up in the desert Murph, I'm in firm agreement with the notion that only mad dogs and Englishment go out in the midday sun. That definitely includes baking in a shed in summer.

I haven't been reloading in the past, but my nephew next door bought himself some stuff to get started last month, and he's going to need a place to do it. I'll probably clear out one of my domes, so we can start using it for reloading, stock finishing, and other small projects, gun-related or not. But I guarantee that when summer comes I'll mount a small swamp cooler to keep it liveable...

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I know what you are up to! You are just trying to show me how much smarter you are because you can figure that "C" factor out.I have bad news for you.I havnt figured metrics out yet but I dont care as there are other ways I am pretty smart but cant think of any right now.As to the temperature controling reloading,desperation has more influence than weather.When I need ammo nothing can stop me.Can you load at night?That is my favorite time as at my age I have insomnia and am retired so I can sleep anytime it hits me. sam.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what you are up to! You are just trying to show me how much smarter you are because you can figure that "C" factor out.I have bad news for you.I havnt figured metrics out yet but I dont care as there are other ways I am pretty smart but cant think of any right now.As to the temperature controling reloading,desperation has more influence than weather.When I need ammo nothing can stop me.Can you load at night?That is my favorite time as at my age I have insomnia and am retired so I can sleep anytime it hits me. sam.

No big trick with the conversions sam,i found my old mercury thermomiter that is bi tempural.There is also bound to be endless amounts of google links aswell.I do load a lot of my ammo at night,but in summer night becomes insect city.I prefer the heat to beetles,moths mozzies and anything that has wings and legs annoying me while i load.I do a lot of loading during winter.But there is always something to load for.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
If someone made a balance beam scale that worked while the A/C was on without flaring up and down, I`d buy it at any price....

I`ve had enough hot jobs to know I`ve had enough of it.

I`ve worn shorts exclusively for well over 12 months, even when it was minus 5.5C at work, I wore shorts :D

No brain, no migraine as they say :D

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I still wish I had been able to get down to that hunters paradice to hunt with you men.I met Aussies while I was in the service and was mesmerised by their hunting stories.It is probably different now than what they told about but I know it still has to be great. sam.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
i have a small computer/reloading/office room.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i use a 10by14 shed i use an old burner propane to keep it warm in cold and put a small ac unit in wall to cool it down put 1inch styrofoam for insulation to help works good

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
T2K, don't put in a swamp cooler! I tried that one time, and ended up with rusty guns, damp powder and primers, and other little things that I can't remember right this minute. I had to throw out the powder and primers, and clean 35-plus firearms, and by the time I was finished, I was ready to rip out the cooler. I replaced it with a 110 air conditioner that worked damn good and didn't cost too much to run. Irish, I built a room out in my shop for gun work and reloading, 10X20. But I outgrew the damn thing in a year, so now I have a 12 foot workbench in the main shop for general gunwork, a five foot bench for polishing/cleaning, and the original bench in the room for reloading. We get about the same kind of temperature extremes that you get, and the bugs out here in Ok. are pretty good competition for the summertime krazies. In the winter, I use one of those heaters that looks and sounds like a jet engine, I finally quit jumping every time it fires up, not good when working with small parts! And in the summer, I open all the doors, and let the bugs in, so they can get stuck on the ribbons hanging everywhere. There's a couple of pictures of the big bench in the gallery. Billy tried to give me direction to put pics on the thread, but I guess I'm too old and dumb to figger it out! Anyway, watch out for the biters, and like several guys said, evening reloading is rather pleasant! Scotty:09:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts