close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reloading Old .30-06 Brass

Discussion in 'General Reloading' started by SteveG, Apr 24, 2002.

1. SteveG

SteveG G&G Newbie

Omaha
    I have some FA-36 and FA-39 National Match brass that is once fired. I know this was corrosive primmed and I think non-mercuric. The brass looks like it's in good shape. I am just curious if anyone has reloaded brass this old before.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone :)

2. J.A.

J.A. G&G Newbie

I had a friend give me a 2 thousand 30-06 once fired cases about 10 years ago. They were all WW II dated 1942-1944. Gave several friends 500 cases each and they are all still reloading/shooting them.

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    should be fine, keep in mind NM brass is a bit thicker. you may need to reduce the load a bit. 10% down from max is usually good. I shoot it in my .308 all the time.

4. 06 GI brass

Years ago as my city Scoutmaster I taught Hunter Safety courses with the help of my scout troop earning their shooting merit badge and they vacumned the ranges we used for me to sell at gun shows and I paid them in advance in camping equipment. I was a local officer. I also took brass in trade on reloading and bulletcasting tools and they cleaned, sorted and packed a very large quantity of it that I am now selling off. I have lots of 06 decapped, sized, primer pocket reamed and primed or unprimed and have a very big list. just send your email address to fitz_grips@hotmail.com for the lists in reply.
    Thanks