Rem 700 Xcr vs CDL

Discussion in 'Remington' started by wimosinman, Sep 4, 2010.

1. wimosinman

wimosinman G&G Newbie

WI
    Hello I'm going to buy a new rem 700 for hunting dear moose and elk and I've narrowed it down to these two the XCR and CDL (I would get the XCR II but im left handed) What one do you guys think is more fit for hunting, what one do you think is more accurate, what one would you pick and why? Also what type of finish is on the CDL? I probably would pick the XCR but there's also another problem, I can't find any store or online store that sells the rem 700 xcr LEFT HAND in 270win anywhere! so if anyone knows about some online store that sells them please tell me lol. Thanks. PS. gander Mt does NOT sell the XCR anymore.

2. GlennF

GlennF G&G Addict

Ohio
    I am not familiar with the XCR, but the CDL is a hansome gun. The stock is almost identical to the 700 Mountain rifle. I have one (1989 vintage) in 30-06 and the high comb straight stock reduces felt recoil quite a bit. Shoots well too (Mule deer, caribou, elk). You couldn't go wrong with a CDL.

3. I believe that the XCR has been discontinued and replaced by the XCR II. I would use the XCR or some synthetic stock on a hunting rifle. I have a XCR 270 that is plenty accurate. under 1 MOA and I have a CDL 243 with the satin blue (not the high polish) and I'm scared to hunt with it because I don' wanna beat it up. My 243 also is not as accurate 1.5 in at 100 yards.