close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rem mod 10 bolt removal question.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JS44, Jul 28, 2002.

1. I just got an old Remington Model 10 in 12 gauge. It's kind of cruddy and I'm trying to get it disassembled for a good cleaning.
    However, I can't seem to get the bolt out. The stock, barrel assembly, and trigger guard came off okay but it's the bolt that's got me stumped.
    Thanks.
    JS

2. Are you sure it's a Model 10? I know of a Model 11. It looks like a Browning, recoil operated, squared receiver.

3. PART AND MORE PARTS

I HAVE NEVER TAKEN MINE APART BUT IT WOULD LOOK TO ME IF YOU DROPED THE TRIGGER GROUP THE BOLT WOULD DROP OUT? JUST A GUESS LOOKING AT MY MOD 10. BEST OF LUCK.

DANA

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I'm mechanically inclined. But, on a couple of old guns I thought I'd be going to the smithy with a shoe box full of parts;) Somtimes a good hosing of crudcutter, brakeclean, or gumout carb cleaner will save the headache. I took my Rem model 31 all the way down when I got it, that was a day!

5. Thanks for your replies

Yes, it is a model 10 (pump) and not the 11.
    Taking the trigger group out was easy but the bolt doesn't come out that way. It looks like it slides out the back on it's rails but the only way to push the bolt back is by using the slide. Then it becomes captive to the action bar and that keeps it from coming all the way out the back.
    I think I'll most likely just take Dana's advice and give it a good spray cleaning with a fast drying cleaner. The gun was made in 1927 and it's got 75 years worth of crud and mabye even a few dead bugs up in it. I know when I took my 1924 Winchester model 12 apart like that it was filthy inside.
    Thanks for the help.
    JS

6. snoop-snoop

snoop-snoop G&G Newbie

bolt removal

With barrel removed and the trigger housing removed, the carrier stop will remove.( dove tailed piece that is also the rear pivot for the shell paddle).

the bolt and shell paddle will be able to removed. the fun is in getting it all back in. they have to go in together, shell paddle and bolt.

have fun!!