Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't believe Claude Willoughby is gone. The oldest NRA member passed away on Sunday, March 9, at the age of 102. Those of you who've attended the NRA Annual Meetings in years past remember Claude. For years now, he's been honored as the oldest member in attendance. We didn't see him in St. Louis last year because his son was ill and couldn't take him, but we were all looking forward to seeing him in Louisville in May.

Claude's devotion to the Second Amendment was legendary. I remember back in 2002 at the Annual Meetings when Claude took time to challenge us in that election year.

"We did half a job last election, so we must do more next election," he said. I have a feeling I know what Claude would tell us this year. He'd tell us that as gun owners, we must do more this time around as well. We have to get involved. We have to make calls. We have to support pro-gun candidates and we have to speak out against the anti-gunners running for office. We can't rest. We can't do half the job.

I'm going to miss Claude Willoughby, and the prayers of NRA staff and members go out to the Willoughby family. But hopefully they can take comfort in the fact that he'll continue to be an inspiration to me and thousands of other NRA members who take his words to heart.

"We must do more."

We won't let you down, Claude.

More...

·
Super Moderator
16,877 Posts
Best wishes and thoughts to his family and friends!

RIP Mr. Willoughby

1 - 2 of 2 Posts