remington 11-48 trench gun questions ????

Discussion in 'General Military' started by nightrider, Aug 15, 2010.

1. nightrider

nightrider G&G Newbie

i recently got a gun in on trade its a remington 11-48 with 19 inch barrel and 8 shell tube .. was told this is a military trench gun i havnt ever heard of this gun being used for a trench gun but would be intrested if any of you could lead me to the truth about this gun ... thanks alot and pls all info would be appreciated

2. Martin Rage

Martin Rage G&G Enthusiast

I have never heard of it as a trench gun. Usualy when people refer to a trench gun for WWI WWII Korea and some of Vietnam they are refering to the Winchester Model 12 which has the nice feature of NOT having a trigger disconnector so if you just hold down the trigger every time you pump it it will fire. My father in law has a Model 12 in 16ga and it is a blast to shoot.

3. nightrider

nightrider G&G Newbie

yep

yea that is what i thought as well but i was just wanting to make sure before i told the guy he doesnt know what he is talkin about ... since i infact wasnt sure myself i thought i would look on here ...

4. Well,

chances are this is one of those parts guns made for sale similar to the tanker Garands people sometimes brag about owning.

5. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Welcome nightrider, i recall reading a piece about U.S. mil shotguns and am 99.9% sure both Win. and Rem. made them but don't remember Rem model # but 11-48 doesn't sound right.
    frenchy

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  6. nightrider

nightrider G&G Newbie

yea with some further research your all right this wasnt a trench gun or anything its just a semi auto defence gun . still its in great shape and very tight .. looks like i just got a new home defense gun :) guy owed me 135bucks and gave me the gun instead i just wanted to make sure of what it was before i started gutting it ...

7. Martin Rage

Martin Rage G&G Enthusiast

135 bucks huh? Sounds like you got a steal!

8. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Great trade for sure nightrider!!
    frenchy

9. Go to the Outdoor Life or Field and Stream website. I forgot which magazine had the story. See if you can find the story about the Winchester and the Remington trench gun's there. I throw away all the magazines I get now, so I can't tell you what month or which one.