Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
I have learned from research that you have to examine Mosins very closely for stampings on all parts, since they may have been re-arsenaled and may have a mix of different parts, Bolts, Magazines, and replaced wood. Condition of the Bore as well as finish can add or subtract from the value as well, and rust under the wood that may not be visible.I noticed a lot of pitting on the sight in the pictures so there may be more that is not visible. Value also depends on how bad you want that model for your collection. I would say around 250 dollars Give or take would be a fair price but that is relevant to above factors.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea what is up with the front site? It looks like it's laying down.

This is a weekly consignment auction, older weapons don't seem to sell too well, I picked up a good Savage Little Scout for $45, while something modern and shiny like a 9MM will go double the average shop price. They have another 91/30 (?) listed that looks to be in better shape, I was hoping to take the pair home for about $200 - $250.

http://www.purplewaveauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?purple18/2684

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Hey go for it ! I cant see much of the front sight except in the first picture but it doesnt look Right and may have been replaced Rifle #2 is Standard Russian with late model Rear sight but it looks nice enough, Good Luck and let us Know!

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Be nice, 7mm. Tell you what: for twenty bucks, I'll let you touch one of my Finns.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can probably resell it pretty easily if you don't want it.

dhermesc said:
Any idea what is up with the front site? It looks like it's laying down.
This is a weekly consignment auction, older weapons don't seem to sell too well, I picked up a good Savage Little Scout for $45, while something modern and shiny like a 9MM will go double the average shop price. They have another 91/30 (?) listed that looks to be in better shape, I was hoping to take the pair home for about $200 - $250.
http://www.purplewaveauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?purple18/2684

The thing with the rear sights is that they're the kind from the M1891, not the M1891/30. They are, indeed, laying down - because it's got a flip up rear sight, along with just a post for the front (no hood).

If you buy it and you don't want it, I'd be willing to bet the guys at 7.62x54R.net will want to buy it off you. It is on their list of "wanted Mosins" - and Remington Nagants can't be very common.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
It's getting harder to find nice M1891 rifles. Most were reworked into 91/30 standard. Took me a few years to find my 1916-dated Sestroretsk (sp?) M91. Same sights and fittings as the Remmy. I think I paid around $175, but the Remmys are more sought after. $250 sounds about right for this rifle.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the same girl

dhermesc said:
What is the value of Remington produced Mosin Nagant? I know the US produced some under contract during WW1 for the Russians (then shipped to the White Russians to fight the Red Russians). Never seen one sell, I plan on attending this auction.
http://www.purplewaveauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?purple18/2682
I love her in my nabour hood it is leagel to shoot your nabours dog and I shoot and brag about shooting my nabors dogs. I shot a rotwiler off the !!! of my landords cows !!! at a full run. It was the thrd time I had chased the dog out of the feild and the last. Befor that I shot 2 dobermin pinchers that had chased my landlord in to the house I shot them in the house.
To manny people move from the city to the country and expect there dogs to stay home, they dont wether they have 100 acres or 1000 they rome and then they attack there neabors. I defend my home and my neabors and I am proud to do so. :cheer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts