Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a box of 20 Remington UMC 7.62x39 FMJ ammunition as a gift and was wondering if anyone else has tried it and what kind of results they got. I will be shooting it from a Norinco SKS. I think I'm going to use it to sight my SKS in more than it already is. I have a sight tech rear peep on it and initially sighted it in with Wolf HP, but it isn't that great. I could hit a torso at 75 yards but that's about it. I'm sure it can do better though. Ok, so do y'all think this ammo will work well?

·
Registered
77 Posts
JMP8927, I mainly use wolf thru my russian SKS, but for special purposes I use Federal American Eagle, I put all 10 rounds into a circle about 3 inches at 100 yards!
I also tried the UMC, and it will do about the same.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I wanted to hear! I was just wondering if maybe the bullet size was different since Remington isn't Russian made and that maybe that would throw it off some. But that's cool. I should be able to sight my SKS in proper and maybe get as good groups as my brother's AR-15 with WOLF(he just bought it and hasn't sighted it in yet)

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
It'll tighten your groups. I have a tech sight on a norinco as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's what I wanted to hear! I was just wondering if maybe the bullet size was different since Remington isn't Russian made and that maybe that would throw it off some. But that's cool. I should be able to sight my SKS in proper and maybe get as good groups as my brother's AR-15 with WOLF(he just bought it and hasn't sighted it in yet)
for the crazy price difference it sure better be better. plus you can reload it, and i think it was res45 who had a pic of putting 5rds in a 1.5" or so group at 50 yds

·
Registered
67 Posts
I fire a bit of remington in my sks but it dimples the primers when you jack the first or when it reloads on semi fire. theyve got softer primers than surplus. Federal primers seem to be a little harder and the loads a little hotter.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My firing pin is loose enough to rattle when you shake it so I'm sure slam fires won't be an issue with it. I've shot Winchester in it as well, but at that time I wasn't set up with a reliable sight system. My former rear sight wouldn't stay on for whatever reason. That's why I switched to sight tech. Anyway, I'm looking forward to shoot these!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts