Remington 700 trigger.

Discussion in 'Remington' started by alleyyooper, Sep 5, 2020.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    A Remington 700 came to live at my house. Price was very very resonable since the trigger has a rattle and does not work.
    I would like to replace the trigger with some thing but the trinney seems a bit on the pricy side.

I have seen other triggers that are supposed to fit a bit less pricy, any experince with them?

I would also be willing to buy a Remington trigger in working condition.

Al

2. neophyte, mauser9 and jerry like this.

3. alleyyooper

Michigan
    Thanks for the information. The link how ever cme up as rings.

Al

4. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Just had my 84 made 700 out last night. Been thinking the same but trigger on mine is nice and crisp. Might consider a Timney or other. Heard some 700 model years locked the bolt when safety is applied but later changed. Seems like a lot went into the gun as far as wood, polish, and bluing 40 years back. Sure I paid under $350 for mine new. Wonder what the future will hold for Remington?

neophyte likes this.
  5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

it's on the auction block here pretty soon.

look at Huber ball triggers Al.
    I put one in my Mauser and got it adjusted how I like it after a little trial and error but now it's as good as anything.
    it's a touch over 3lbs. but solid feeling and all day long reliable.

neophyte likes this.
  6. alleyyooper

Michigan
    Thank you every one. I like the sounds of the shilen trigger very much. How ever for a decent price you need to jump all over the net as a stock black trigger can go from $95.00 to as much as 129.00 no shipping included. then if you want a stainless one then the price just is even worse.

Even though the rifle i have is stainless I am thinking on the black trigger so people righ off the bat know it is aftermarket.

I have other 700 Remingtons and love the stock triggers and have never had a problem with them. I have adjusted the pull my self useing sniper country instructions and have did the slam test on each rifle several times.
    Would think there would be a couple take off stock remington triggers on the market I would be intrested in if the price was right.
    But for some reason there seems to be a shortage of them.

Al

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  7. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Evangelist

neophyte likes this.
  8. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

neophyte likes this.
  9. alleyyooper

Michigan
    Nope will not be doing a trigger tec trigger. Might just as well install the trinity trigger I deem expencive.

Al

neophyte likes this.
  10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Evangelist

Well,You evidently don't want a quality trigger in the rifle. Good luck on putting a cheap trigger in it!

11. He could check with Numerich Arms and see if they have a factory trigger for it if he wanted to

12. alleyyooper

Michigan
    As for a quality trigger for the Remington 700 all seem to get great reviews.
    Seemed the most complints were about a narrow shoe and sharpe edges.

There are even people like me who don't mind the stock trigger some are supposed to have had a problem with.

I just do not see paying near $300.00 for a trigger tht doesn't get any better reviews than a $100.00 Shielen or a 150.00 trinney.

Al

13. GlennF

GlennF G&G Addict

Ohio
    I had several 700's 60-70 vintage and they had an adjustable triggers. My present (1989 vintage) mountain rifle 30-06 has the same trigger but the adjusting allen set screw was covered with lacquer. Removing it allowed me to adjust it down to 2.5-3 lbs. pull.
    I have Timney triggers on some of my other guns and the stock Remington is equal to them.

neophyte, Gun Junkie and mauser9 like this.
  14. alleyyooper

Michigan
    I have several other 700's my self and a model 7. All have the same adjustable trigger as do my 700 Muzzle loaders. All had laqure covered screws on the adjustments.
    But the one I am needeing to repair had a part rattleing inside the trigger group.

Al

neophyte, ChaZam and mauser9 like this.
  15. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Always like that Model 7 alley. Like that 20 inch barrel and one in 243 sounds ideal for deer.

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  16. alleyyooper

Michigan
    My model 7 is chambered in 7mm 08.
    I have a Low Power Pendex Light seeker scope on it and is a dream to carry in the UP cedar swamp.

Al

neophyte likes this.
  17. onthepaper

onthepaper G&G Enthusiast

Midwest
    I am guessing you have probably already bought a trigger but the Timney triggers are only #125 incl shipping on eBay and look very simple to install yourself.