Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
i PROBABLY SHOULDN'T EVEN POST ON THIS SUBJECT AS I KNOW ONLY WHAT I HAVE READ ON THESE RIFLES(oops left caplock on)
But.. articles I read on it claim them to be very accurate and the reason the price is so low is the manufacturing process was changed to "better, faster" etc etc. Sounds like to me some poor american lost his job to a computer or a foreigner to me!
The biggest difference i noticed when handling one at walmart, compared to traditional rifles is the action and the way it locks up when the bolt is in the forward position. Supposedly the bolt locks up in the barrel and not the receiver. I didn't like the tight action, but as far as i know it is a safe and economical rifle. The barrel isnt threaded to the receiver it is pressed on as once again the bolt locks to the barrel, this is ok in my opinion, but sounds like a throw away gun if you fell in love with it but for some reason wanted better accuracy i don't know how you would ever buy a new barrel for it or customize it. In fact it could be rather easy to have a custom barrel installed but I know of noone that does it.. i have heard of no complaints and it sounds like a good way for you to get in some big game hunting without busting your budget.
Word of advise is to check out Savage. Savage makes a rifle/scope/case deal that rivals the model 710 and from personal experience Savage rifles are very very accurate. but remingtons are too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.