Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me!!!!!

i have an old Remington model 722 that belonged to my father ...he used it for varmint hunting for years.....it is stamped on the barrel as a Remington model 722 and where the caliber type is stamped it says (.222 REM .225)
exactly like i printed it ......two different calibers out of the same gun?
anyone else come across this?...i have shot .225 ammunition out of this gun for 10 yrs and have been told recently that it will nto shoot the .225......anyone else out there ever have one stamped on the barrel like this with two different calibers?

also how in the heck do you get the bolt out of the dang thing...as ya can probably teli am new the world of bolt action firearms...any help out there would greatly be appreciated...thanks guys

Jo

Louisville KY

·
Registered
586 Posts
Without looking, best guess is that someone has rechambered the rifle to .225 Win. and just stamped the number next to the original without X-ing it out. a .225 Win would not inter the chamber of a .222 let alone close the bolt. The boltface would have to be opened up to fit the .225. The .222 is .378 and the .225 is .473 and semi-rimmed. No you do not have a dual-chambered gun.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Check at the front of the base of the trigger as it comes out from the action for a flat push button. With the bolt back against the stop push the button and you can pull the bolt out the rest of the way. Your button may be flush with the trigger guard and action bottom.

DANA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts