Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came yesterday. A short carbine with iron sights and drilled for scope mount. None of my weaver types fit but I can drill new holes in the base. Am not sure if the gun holes are in the same plain(reciever looks to be rounded front to rear). Will have to check when I have time. The workmanship is so so. The butplate does not fit smooth; off to one side. Definatly a utility gun that looks as though it can take some abuse. Also comes with a 10 round mag but will take any of the M15/16 mags. Probably won't shoot it so won't be able to give you a range report

DANA

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
I think they really missed the mark targeting this to LE. For a handy tactical carbine in 223 that takes AR-15 mags, beneficial if your department has standardized AR equipment, you have this novel new rifle... called the AR-15.

I mean, why would a police department that has already picked the AR-15 add this rifle to their stock at the same if not a higher price? If it could use longer bullets that would be great, but not with AR mags.

I really wish they had targetted this rifle to hunters, varmint hunters to be precise, and given it a bull barrel with a flat top rail for a high power scope.

Course the standard AR bolt lockup is probably more accurate than the Rem 7600 anyway. I have considered building a pumpgun with AR parts for hunting, but I mean a real hunting configuration gun, not just a pump action AR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts