Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my nephew just called and said that the bolt handle and lug just broke away from the bolt.Have any of you heard anything about this? and should Remington cover this under the manufacturer's warranty?

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Yup, this is a common problem with the 710/770 series of rifles. I know that Remington had a huge recall on the 710, because of the exact problem you mentioned. This should be covered under the warranty, but tell your nephew to contact Remington, just to make sure. The 710/770 in all honesty, are not very good rifles.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
i sold my remington 770 and bought a new weatherby vanguard, i will not own another remington of any kind as far as rifles go

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
i sold my remington 770 and bought a new weatherby vanguard, i will not own another remington of any kind as far as rifles go
That's a shame. I could buy a bottom line rifle from any major firearms company out there and get it to break...

Just because one rifle breaks, it doesn't mean the rest are horrible. The Remington M700's are really amazing rifles.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I doubt you could get a low-end Savage, Weatherby bolt to break. Maybe if you took a hammer to it.

Remington rifles are usually fine, but they really dropped the ball with the 710/770 line of rifles. If they couldn't come out with a solid rifle for cheap, they shouldn't have even tried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts