Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone check out the new 798 and 799 Remingtons? The 798 is the old 98 type action and the 799 is like a short 98 action and they are making the 799 in 7.62x39 along with other smaller cal. I can't wait to try this one. Just think a 30 cal that doesn't bruise your shoulder and should be a tack driver.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
if you want to know more about them, they were formerly know as the interarms markX, and charles daly mauser, and mini mauser.. not likely to be a tack driver.

·
Master Gunsmith
2,119 Posts
I bought one of the charles daily barreled actions and put it in a richards microfit AA walnut monte carlo stock and it is as accurate as any of the better known makes of barreled actions.
steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 799 most likely represents contingency positioning for the political climate developing here. It is not an ideal platform for average stature American shooters, the length of pull is far too short. Workmanship on the examples I have seen is notably better than the comparably priced CZ offering. It should sell well as a first rifle for a young shooter and accuracy should be sufficient for the range at which most young hunters are comfortable.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have a light weight 20" barrel and a very nice stock. They will best be used at 0 to 150 yrds. I would guess. My range only goes out to a hundred anyway. It should make a nice deer rifle for a young shooter with shots in those ranges. I just shoot paper should be fun for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts