Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught a video on the new Remington 870 Fieldmaster for 2022 recently. Claims they are dropping the Express version for this improved model. This one has walnut stock with 3 inch chamber. Comes in 12 gauge for now with either 26 or 28 inch barrels. The wood to metal fit looks much improved over the Express job with the ugly birch or whatever it was. Metal still retains the matte bluing it appears instead of the good ole polished bluing I liked. Trigger guard is a synthetic version but overall the gun looks to be an improvement over that Express 870. M.S.R.P around $600 but street should be a bit less. The walnut stock appears to have more satin look than the old high gloss finish but checkering looks decent. Love to see the 1100 or 1187 brought back but time will tell.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did a little more digging. Hope I am correct on the facts but appears the 1100, 870 Wingmaster, and 700 BDL with the walnut and polished blue may be back with us soon too. Had these listed with the newer Fieldmaster 870. Wish they would have posted the prices for these too. Got a feelin gonna be a hell of a lot more than the $300 I paid eons ago. LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did a little more digging. Hope I am correct on the facts but appears the 1100, 870 Wingmaster, and 700 BDL with the walnut and polished blue may be back with us soon too. Had these listed with the newer Fieldmaster 870. Wish they would have posted the prices for these too. Got a feelin gonna be a hell of a lot more than the $300 I paid eons ago. LOL
I have the Fieldmaster and it’s way better than the express. They completely changed the process of making the gun. It’s as smooth out of the box as any shotgun I’ve ever seen. Finish is matte yes but it’s not meant to be like the Wingmaster. I only paid 450 for mine at Kygunco. Also the BDL is already on shelves. They are only producing the 30-06 model. They changed all the 700’s including the budget models to 5r rifling in the barrels. This includes the BDL as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Fieldmaster and it’s way better than the express. They completely changed the process of making the gun. It’s as smooth out of the box as any shotgun I’ve ever seen. Finish is matte yes but it’s not meant to be like the Wingmaster. I only paid 450 for mine at Kygunco. Also the BDL is already on shelves. They are only producing the 30-06 model. They changed all the 700’s including the budget models to 5r rifling in the barrels. This includes the BDL as well.
[/QUOTE
Sounds great and a super deal on that price! Read The M.S.R.P was around $600. Sure is nice having walnut back too. Guess the innards have the old vibra-honing to smooth things out. Was hoping we would see some of the old stuff come back like in the 70s-80s. Can't wait to see more reviews!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts