Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have, or care to explain the step by step of how to remove the fore stock on a Remington 870 shotgun? It would be greatly appreciate I looked around online but I think I am searching using the wrong terminology.
Thanks Alot

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I bought a wood corn cob forearm for my 870 Express and if I had looked first at what I have to do to put it on.
I wouldn't had bought it.
Moose was a big help in telling me I needed the specail wrench to remove the old one and then screw down the new one.
My neighbor the half azz gun smith suggested what Jerry said remove the bolt and action bars.
I'm sending the forearm back the heck with it !!!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
If you have the tool, it's a three minute job, the second time you do it. The first time=pita.
Remove the tube end cap and spring, the bolt, action bars and barrel, then unscrew the slotted nut holding the foregrip on.
It's actually easy after you have done it once or twice.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got it off once I jumped in and just did it finally. But I think something was wrong, it was extremely hard to get off and now it will not go back on, I think I might have to re-thread it, or at least clean the threads up a little I noticed they were a little shiny.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Well I got it off once I jumped in and just did it finally. But I think something was wrong, it was extremely hard to get off and now it will not go back on, I think I might have to re-thread it, or at least clean the threads up a little I noticed they were a little shiny.
I would get a new nut from remington, if the threads on the tube are bad you may be able to save them with a thread file. PM me if you have problems. Remy uses a square cut thread, you need to keep it that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts