Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I killed my first deer this year. I used a Rossi 12 ga slug gun, nice weapon. Now I want to upgrade. I want a cantilever mount on my next gun. Is it worth the extra money for the 11-87 or is the 870 a good deer gun. I would love the semi auto as it should be the last gun I would ever have to buy for deer hunting. Just checking to see what you Remington shooters thought. I am also open to other makes and models, I am trying to find the most accurate shooter I can find. Without having to take out a loan.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
870 is hard to beat period less you wanna spend 300 or more bucks for the 11-87, i believe you can get a cantilever barrel for the 870

·
Registered
42 Posts
While I am not a deer hunter, a number of articles I have read over the years praise the Ithaca Model 37 Deerslayer with rifled barrel as an excellent, extremely accurate "slug" gun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
870 sup mag exp. with cantilever barrel, rif., cammo pump and stock. its my baby and its dead nuts at 100yrds. i enjoy it more then my 11-87 and my earnhardt wingger. i also picked it up new for just 260 bucks, so keep looken dont rush.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,587 Posts
I love my 870. Kind of old school I took the scope off & I'm happy with the tru glo irons. Whe woods I hunt offer max no greater than 75 yards or so. So I don't need a bean field slug gun, albeit they are out there.

I am a huge Remington Fan, that said, never much of a fan of the 1187. I know a couple of people who have Browning Golds for semi autos. Very nice rigs indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts