Remington Agrees to Sell Ammunition Business, Including Barnes Bullets, for $65 Million

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by K75RT, Sep 10, 2020.

1. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Palmetto State Armory also refuses to sellguns to Pro 2A citizen gun owners in the state of Maryland even though said guns are 100% legal to own and sell in MD.

ChaZam and DWFan like this.
  2. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

I must have missed that. Not good news. Thanks, TACAV.

ChaZam likes this.

3. TACAV

5.45x39 AK74's which PSA will be making are 100% legal and cash n carry no waiting period in MD and are even codified in the gun laws as such and PSA is currently refusing to let MD residents order them and they are refusing to ship them unless the gun owner gets a letter from their police chief saying its going to be used as an LE only gun. (an AK74) o_Oo_O

whatevs, any gun owner who wants an AK74 in MD will just buy one from another company who is more Pro 2A than PSA and who Im sure will be glad to take the business.

neophyte likes this.
  4. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I never knew that. I have bought like 4 uppers and two AR15 build kits. Also quite a few bolts and LPS's. When did they start to not sell guns to Maryland Residents?

5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Why? What is their rationale?

neophyte likes this.
  6. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Palmetto info from site.

Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:

1. California
    2. Colorado (Boulder,Denver, Vail)
    3. Connecticut
    4. Maryland
    5. New Jersey
    6. New York
    Non-Compliant AR & AK models will NOT be shipped to the following states:

1. California (No “assault weapons” can be shipped.)
    2. Colorado (Boulder,Denver, Vail)
    3. Connecticut
    4. Maryland
    5. New Jersey
    6. New York

7. TACAV

Who knows.... the laws while stupid in MD are very clear of what you can and can't have. AK74s are perfectly legal.

Their sales people keep giving the run around answer of "MD's laws are too hard to understand" and yet they are familar with them because they have bothered to submit their pistol builds to get added to MD's stupid handgun roster.

They have both the 9mm AKV 9mm AK and their 7.62x39 AK pistol on our handgun roster... I know one person that even sent them a copy of the law that says AK74s are legal here and they still wont ship it.

I was going to wait to get their .300blackout JAKL PDW they announced at shot show this year but Ive since said screw it and bought a .300 Blackout Sig PDW instead. I just did a mini review of it in the AR15 section of the forum. Couldn't be happier with it.

Which is interesting because having a stripped or complete stripped receiver shipped to MD is also 100% perfectly legal as you can make HBAR AR15s, or Piston upper AR15s or build a DI Pistol which would all use the same lower receiver that they wont sell here... but PSA wont sell them here either apparently...

basically if you really want a PSA in MD... you will just have to buy it from another dealer who will ship it here and not buy it directly from PSA with all their anti gun BS over stuff that is 100% legal to own here. Plenty of other gun companies in the US have no problem selling 100% legal stuff here, not sure why they do.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  8. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I'm thinking it's a combination of their liability insurance coverage and any liability laws the state of Maryland has.
    Not sure but that's my .02.

9. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The history of firearms companies is like that of automobile manufactures. There have been so many gun companies over the years that have shut down it is mine shattering. The most famous Sharps and Ballard rifles were only a few that are gone. The famous Remington revolvers are long gone. The list is very long.

blaster likes this.
  10. ammodotcom

ammodotcom G&G Enthusiast

There are a lot of great, small, independent firearm manufacturers. I suspect they'd rather invest in improving their own products' quality rather than spending millions on what boils down to a logo.

neophyte, Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  11. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Truth...
    I imagine that the logo and all of the associated intellectual property is still going to be quite pricey, even with Remington's currently tarnished reputation.

Ten Man, neophyte and ammodotcom like this.
  12. ammodotcom

ammodotcom G&G Enthusiast

Absolutely. Ask your average Joe to name a firearm manufacturer. They'll say Glock, Remington, Colt, or Winchester 99 percent of the time. That kind of brand recognition alone is essentially priceless. Heck, some people even use the word "Glock" to refer to any firearm – and good old Gaston must be tickled pink about it.

Ten Man, neophyte and ChaZam like this.