Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have problems with remington in autoloaders. Seems like my .22 and my 12 ga dont cycle them very well.

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
Anyone else have problems with remington in autoloaders. Seems like my .22 and my 12 ga dont cycle them very well.
My Remington 597 didn't cycle very well until I got a 3 generation clip from Remington (free). Now it doesn't miss a beat.
My 1100 Synthetic in 12 gauge has never had an issue cycling, unless I have a shell holder in it while shooting trap. Then it holds the shell, like it's supposed to..:)

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had a few chambering problems with lead bullets in my semi auto 22. I switch to copper jacketed bullets and everything is fine.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
I'm with Woody; the only time I've ever had trouble with a .22 not cycling was when I was using unjacketed rounds.

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
Remington ammo.
Oh..
Remington ammo is crap..
(That's only my opinion, if it works for you, more power to ya.)
I tend to use pretty much everything but Remington ammo, even if it's on sale.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Remington ammo in bulk boxes isn't worth much in my opinion. It jams my Marlin model 60 and about one out of every 25 or so is a dud in all my .22s. Stay away, there are plenty of other inexpensive choices.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My Remington 597 wouldn't cycle it's own Remington ammo...I switched to Federal and all is good.

In the past, I've lost a deer to a remington fail to feed. I was using a Woodsmaster chambered in .308, got out of the truck, saw a deer, went to load a corelokt shell and the bolt moved about .25 inches. The deer looked for about 5 seconds and ran in the woods.

The gun was dirty, but, before cleaning I tried federal ammo and it fed fine...I'm buying federal ammo now :)

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
That copper on .22lr,s is not a jacket.It is a copper buffer to replace a heavy wax buffer.I personally have found that the wax buffer and oil I added were the main contributors to mal-function,s in .22 llr autoloaders.My system is field strip,plug chamber,use eye protection,go outdoors,use toothpic,s and degreaser,usually butches bore shine,but any will work,wash out and remove buildup,oil action and housing and wipe all the oil out I can get and reassemble.I too dont like Rem.lr ammo but have always had faith in their centerfire and shotgun ammo.Thats the way it works for me.I cant emagine a 760 or 7600 that is even remotely maintained jamming on factory ammo. samuel.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,326 Posts
Remington .22LR seems far less consistent than other US brands. My Browning Buckmark chokes on it. I save it for the bolt rifles if I get some.
A few Winchester loads have a very blunt squared-off bullet design that some semiautos don't like too.
I find CCI to be the best US-made .22LR ammo overall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love remington Thundebolt 22 LR!!
It's like - BANG, BANG, Bang, BANG, POP, BANG, puff,BANG, well you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I love remington ammo in my Remington 1100. Never fails to feed, nice pattern etc. I currently have 1,050 rounds of remington .22 value pack stuff, and my ruger 10/22, ruger MK1, Hi-Standard, H&R Rough Rider, and Remington Fieldmaster 572 all feed it. (tho it's not the most accurate. Federal is.)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Federal are great. To me, it's close between Federal and Winchester.

And again, don't use a Remington 7400 with Remington ammo...great way to mess things up when you need a shot to go off (Like I said before, I've lost 2 deer with this combination).

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I cant cycle them right if I polish my bolt.
I just thing the grains are too big for my gas port or something.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts