Remington Model 4 .243 caliber

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by benchelmom13, Nov 25, 2008.

1. benchelmom13

benchelmom13 G&G Newbie

I own this rifle and I want to sell it and I have no idea how to price it. It is a semi automatic with a Tasco 3X9 scope. It has been kept in near pristine condition with it being kept in a gun safe for the last 3 years. My husband simply does not like it and prefers a bolt-action rifle for hunting. He purchased it in the mid 80's.

If anyone has any resource which could help me out with a value. I do not want to start any negotiation without this info.

Thanks

2. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Well try listing it in the classified section. You may have to have a certain amount of posts before you can do this?

Or, you can also list it on gun auction websites such as GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction
    AuctionArms.com - Online Gun Auction or GunsAmerica - Connecting Gun Buyers to Gun Sellers Since 1997 - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H.

No matter where you list it, pictures will help sell it. I know I normally won't buy something sight unseen, would you? So yea, pics can help sell. Mu opinion of course.

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Welcome to G&G !! Someone will come along who will be able to give you an idea.

4. Mel Bjork

Mel Bjork G&G Newbie

Model four 243

I have the same rifle in 243. I won mine at a ducks unlimited dinner so I didn't no what it was worth. So I took it to a old gunsmith in my area. I told him i wasn't selling I just wanted to know the value. Mine has a little nicer scope then yours. He said about $550.00 I hope this helps.

Mel

5. roypenton

roypenton G&G Newbie

I would like to purchase that gun from you if you still have it please call me at 601-590-3891. thank you

6. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Blue book Value is 525.00 in 98% shape, and 450.00 in 95% shape so with the scope and mounts used value about 50 to 75 bucks , you have a Figure to work with...
    Rich

7. wkmarshall

wkmarshall G&G Newbie

Roy,
    I have the same gun a nice 243 semi auto in good shape with a cheap scope. I got it from my dad after he passed away about 20 years ago. It has been sitting in my gun safe and since I live in iowa, I hunt only shotgun. I want to sell it to get a new deer shotgun. Let me know if you have already bought one.
    Kevin

8. bessantj52

bessantj52 G&G Newbie

243 gun

Im interested in your gun if you will contact me when you decide what you want for it. Thank You James 843-246-1381

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted