Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I poseted earlier about purcahsing a leveraction, I've decided to drop that and I'm looking into the Remington Model 710 because of its many calibers and the scope that comes with it. I was wondering if this gun is worth the $350 and if anyone has one and would like to tell me what they think! Anything and Everything is appreciated!
-Mike:cool:

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
These days they can be had for lower than $350. They are crude and some parts in the action are flimsy, and the bolt isn't the smoothest, but once the bolt is locked you have one tough gun and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The advantages are the extreme durability of the finish and stock, as well as the stock's comfort and features (monte carlo cheekpiece) if you happen to like it. Disadvantages are it can't be loaded from the top, no real accessories besides universal stuff and extra mags, and forget about having it customized. It's a value for what comes in the package, like the scope. If you would put together a different package given the choice, do so with another rifle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great thanks alot! ill probably try my luck with this one, I only plan to get a bipod and a sling for it anyhow, but hopefully it turns out alright, thx again!
-Mike

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I bought a used (but never fired) 710 in 7mm rem mag, and it's ok. I don't think i'd attempt a 400yd shot with it or anything, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I paid $200 for the gun, and put the scope on my .17hmr and put a 3-9x40 Leupold on the 7 mag. It will hold a 1-1.5" group at 100yds easily, which is good enough.

One of my buddies has it in .270 with the scope that came on it, and that's all he hunts with. He gets deer every year, and it holds decent accuracy at the range.

It's by no means a showpiece, but I think it's a fine hunting rig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts