Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a remington model 7400 chambered for .308win. I've found a couple people who want to buy it. It has a few rust spots and the walnut monte carlo stock has a few dings, and it won't cycle anything under 180 grain bullets, because it needs some news seals. It comes with 4-4 round factory mags, 2-10 round metal mags, and 1 plastic 10 round mag. I'm also selling it with a (at least) $70 bushnell scope that's already mounted. I was wondering what the minimum amount I should ask for it? Thank You for your help

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Having multiple mags(some high cap)and the fact that it is in need of major repair I would not offer over $150. I would assume it had been fired a lot.You can get the seals or O-rings and install them fairly easily from Numrich.With the gun functioning which O-rings might not take care of,in at best 80% condition you might ask $300 which I would do.You can always go down.It is hard to sell a gun that doesnt functuon right.Book price for the gun functioning right without the scope and mags is $230. at 80%-$210. at 70%. sam.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Get all you can for it !!!!! Because the 308 calibers are far and in between, meaning theres more 30-06's than 308's.
I highly recomend you get it fixed up and keep it. A guy I know told me he would buy me a Ruger M77 rifle if my 742 was a 308 which wasn't....A.H

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I would think 300 to 350 would be a nice price, thats bout what we sold em for used at the gun shop i use to work at

1 - 5 of 5 Posts