Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This model had only been delivering mediocre groups with my normal go to ammos like Wolf MT, SK Std Plus, and RWS Subsonic HPs. So, on the advice of a friend that has one as well, I tried some higher velocity and interestingly enough, less expensive ammo.

Had fun shooting a box of each CCI Blazer and Remington Thunderbolt yesterday.

Rifle:

Here are some of the best groups from yesterday:

The Thunderbolt was its normal inconsistent self. That bottom group is the best one it delivered all day. Some times it would throw a flyer out over two inches:bigeyes:. I guess one could shoot cans with it;).

Now all the Blazer groups were not like the two on the right. But, none went over and inch and I bet the average would be about .60". Of course, I left it sighted in at the settings that fired the upper left hand group. Luckily, I have most of a 5000 round case of this Blazer left. I purchased it for 79 cents a box a couple of years ago on sale from Midway. Even with the shipping, the case cost less than $100.

·
Registered
997 Posts
That's a 50 yard head shootin squirrel gun al'right. Don't ever sell it.

The great thing about .22's...you can keep experimenting cheaply until you find a super load.

Keep experimenting though. I thought I had the perfect round for my .22 mag and was quite satisfied for a few years until on a whim I tried a different brand and found the groups tightened up even more.

Hey sheffieldshootr I know a way you could probably get a free case of beer if you haven't told too many of the buddies about the Remington groups yet. Casually mention having a shoot off with the rimfires. Make it 5 rounds on a business card at 100 yards. Your groups will hold together out that far, they will drop though at least 3" I 'd say.

Well you know the rest. Don't drink it all in one night...and none for the boys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts