Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to buy or even find a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308. me and my gun dealer cant even find one. same goes for the cheap SPR 18, the Russian rifle Remington bought out. they advertise them, but they dont sell them. I settled for a Savage 12FV for less price, just wondering is yall are having trouble finding these "advertised rifles" anywhere. I know the SPR 18 is a cheap gun, but it would go good in my pickup when I am out in the pasture and run across some hogs or coyotes.:hitwithrock:

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I have a SPS varmint on layaway. They didn't seem to be too common, that or they were bought up fast. When I saw one in person I made sure to stake my claim.

Just keep your eyes open and be ready to pounce. Some may be available on gunbroker. Be sure to factor in shipping and dealer fees.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
The SPS Varmint seems like a great gun, I would imagine that it would be pretty accurate. a great buy for sure.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
BTW, sorry about the link. I didn't realize the SPS Varmint was a different gun than just the regular SPS.

Couldn't find any SPS Varmint .308's on gunbroker when I just looked.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
They'll be around. Remington just has this problem with ignoring their most attractive guns.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
remington sps varmint

I finally said to hell with it and ordered me a Savage FV in .308 (I love .308s) I have heard a lot of good on this weapon. I cant wait to try it on hogs at 400-500 yds. that will prove if it is worth a ****. I will let yall know, I should have it next week.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Geeez I hope I didn't make a mistake when I bought a Ruger Hawkeye in 308, instead of a Remington. I have'nt even shot it yet !

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Nothing wrong with Savage or Ruger. I would have seriously considered a Savage if the 700-SPS-V hadn't been right there at the right price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Geeez I hope I didn't make a mistake when I bought a Ruger Hawkeye in 308, instead of a Remington. I have'nt even shot it yet !
If your Ruger Hawkeye shoots like mine, a 300wm, you will be proud you bought it. I like my Remington SPS in 300 WSM, but it is going to take more tweaking to get it near what the Ruger shot out of the box.

Remington might be going through some changes because of the new ownership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question about how much a gun is worth. It is a Remington MLS 1907 - 1915. The word RAG is printed on the barrel. If anyone knows about this gun I would sure appreciate you input. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another Remington you can't find

I believe I've got a some what rare Remington, at least I can't find it in any collector books or in Remington catalogs from that year: Remington order # 27450, supposedly they only made 300 each in both a .223 & 22.250. I've got the .22-250.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sps varmint 308

I have been trying to buy or even find a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308. me and my gun dealer cant even find one. same goes for the cheap SPR 18, the Russian rifle Remington bought out. they advertise them, but they dont sell them. I settled for a Savage 12FV for less price, just wondering is yall are having trouble finding these "advertised rifles" anywhere. I know the SPR 18 is a cheap gun, but it would go good in my pickup when I am out in the pasture and run across some hogs or coyotes.:hitwithrock:
:hmmm:Did you try GANDER MTN. ? They got one in from a other store its now on layaway. And I should be getting it soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts