Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've known this for a long time but I needed some plinking ammo and I bought a bunch of remington .22lr ammo. Out of every box of 50, 3 were duds. I'll never buy there ammo again!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know what you mean. I quit buying there ammo in 1987. I had a brand new box of .303brit core-loks. Found a nice 10 pointer one snowy Nov. day and took the 60 yard shot... C-L-I-C-K! :eek: Darn round was a dud. The other 19 shot just fine. Turned my stomach and taste against them. I know that can happen to any manafacture of ammo but I have had too many other dud's on rimfire, shotshell etc.... Never have had a problem with winchester and federal and that's who I use for hunting ammo now.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,958 Posts
I've always liked Remington's centerfire ammo - never a problem.
But, after big hassles with their rimfire ammo - "Goldbricks" and "Thunderduds" - they aren't worth it. Velocities are all over the scale, from the same box and batch. Groups look like shotgun patterns. I've sworn off their rimfire ammo.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,958 Posts
Nah, we're griping about their rimfire ammo - the twentytwo crap.
Quality Control was missing in action when that stuff was made.
You can hear and feel the difference in each shot - some low-powered ones going low, some hot ones going high. A bunch won't even fire. Very poor quality. :mad:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I missed a buck about ten years ago because of there centerfire ammo. Pulled the trigger and click. I quit buying that a long time ago and load my own, but you cant load .22s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts