close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Remington Seeks Financing For bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Remington' started by Zebraranger, Feb 9, 2018.

1. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Yeah can you imagine companies like Savage and Mossberg riding the crest of the wave over others. Thought Ruger was doing pretty well myself. Just received the Henry catalog and it blew me away for sure! Just hate to see Remington go the way of Winchester and Marlin. All the "issues' in the last few years never helped plus that 710 and 770 were disasters I heard.

Ten Man likes this.
  2. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

With Ruger, the American is 2/3 the gun of the Savage Axis, for 1/3 more money. The New Vaquero, Redhawk, Blackhawk, and Super Blackhawks are crap compared to the previous gen, and you have to buy the mid-range 10/22 to get the quality of the bottom range 10/22 of yesteryear.
    The only places Ruger really shines is in some of their plastic pistols (which are well-regarded if you like that sort of thing), the newer gen of the Mini 14 (which is waaay more accurate, though not as well finished as older generations), and the newer MK IV (which isn't as pretty or hefty as its predecessor but is just as accurate and can now be taken apart and cleaned without having to check the dictionary for additional curse words after you've run out of the ones you know).

As for Remington, the rifle I talked about before with all the issues was a 770.

big shrek, Cyrano and mauser9 like this.

3. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well, there is my custom made Fusion Firearms 10mm 1911 long slide.........

And my Dan Wesson 10mm1911 and .357 revolver with pistol kit.......

big shrek likes this.
  4. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have a Remington R1 in Stainless which is not too old and couple 22 speedmaster rifles. I also have a few other old 22 rifles made by them. I like the 22 cal Speedmasters

5. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Wow sounds like a lot of cuttin back on quality issues of yesterday. I was suspicious of these new "budget offerings" when they started coming out a few years back. Last pistol I bought was a S&W CS-9 back in 99 and not interested in buying anymore anyway. Still searching for a Rem.1100 in 20 gauge but you can bet it will be one made in the past. Thanks for all your input by the way.

6. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
  7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Not really. You can fool the consumer for a while, but eventually the truth will come out. Remington has been on the downhill slide, just like Harley Davidson, for a while, now.

8. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    I didn't know that. I have only owned one Remington and don't want to own another; but that's just me. I hated to hear that Winchester bit the dust and likewise here. I like guns and I like those who make guns.

Ten Man likes this.
  9. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Yeah, but I was talking about long gun companies.

10. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

Remington's court issues with the 700 series are costing them literal Billions.
    It would be far less expensive to go bankrupt than pay off.
    All the court cases get pennies on the dollar...
    just a way of managing a hemorrhage...

Can't bleed a rock ;)
    know-your-parasites-like-seminole-hater-flealeech-tick-mosquito-florida-26156876.png

Ten Man likes this.
  11. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I've got a '60's era Remington 30-06 pump action that belonged to my dad.

mauser9 likes this.
  12. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Sounds like an older 760 Huey. Never heard anything bad about em myself. Seems Rem rushed into production with some of these cheaper jobs that never should have been made.

13. Ruger retired the p95 pistol series. I'm fond of mine, it's going on 5 years old and still solid. It's my primary home defense and I've used it in emergency situations a handful of times. I don't understand why they would kill it...it's a simple machine with easy operating procedure, and does what it's supposed to.

My grandpa's sear model 53 is from the late 60s-early 70s and since it's a Winchester model 70, I'm tempted to try to get it side by side of a modern mod 70 in similar format and compare quality.

the ironoy of this situation is that for sale purposes, my sears 53 doesn't carry as high a price as a modern Winchester mod 70, yet in theory should be of superior quality. Oh well lol, good thing I collect based on functionality and heirloom aspect :-D

14. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner

Makes me wonder how Remington financed the very recent buy-outs of Barnes and Corbon and what will happen to those companies.