Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,596 Posts
Kinda like K-Mart aquiring Sears.

H&R/NEF is under Marlin, so it will now be HR/NEF/Marlin/Remington

Sometimes this kind of stuff works out for the best, will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Unbelievable News !!! I can't remember the investment group that just bought Remington but I think it's the same one that just bought DPMS too that sells AR 15's.

Can anyone confirm this...I headed to the remington web site.......zip

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I'm afraid it's true.Its just the new world market setting up so quality means little and price means everything.Just a way to keep us serf,s and peons in line.There are firearms being sold right now that you younger people are asking about but still buying that I and others wouldnt have taken as a gift at one time. sam.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
BRG3 I read this week where DPMS has sold to an investment group too.
Can you find who bought them and who bought Remington ?

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
One company controlling all the gun makers.

Firearms - Acquired Bushmaster Firearms, Inc., from Windham, Maine native Dick **** for an undisclosed sum in April 2006, and purchased Remington Arms in April 2007. Under Cerberus direction, Bushmaster Firearms acquired Cobb Manufacturing, a well-respected manufacturer of large-caliber tactical rifles in August 2007. Cerberus also announced the acquisition of DPMS Panther Arms in December 2007.
Cerberus Capital Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
591 Posts
If I remember correctly, Cerberus is also the one that bought Chrysler. I wonder if they have some inside info on the assault weapons ban. It seems to me that Bushmaster and DPMS wouldn't be worth very much under HR1022.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hope it ain't so. I've been wanting to get a DPMS too. I guess i better hurry before the quality takes a hit that usually how it goes

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
Marlin's quality has gone down the tube since they were getting contracts from Walmart.

I suspect their quality will improve.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,596 Posts
It's a funny economy out there guys. Sometimed this happens for te best. I know were not used to it in the gun world. If it would have happend one more time for Iver Johnson, they may still be around. I hope not to have to eat my words, but we really need to wait and see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand that the CEO of Cerberus is a hunter and an outdoorsman. Those are certainly good credentials for owner of Remington, Marlin, etc.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
If they bought Cobb, DPMS, and Bushmaster, we may be seeing some streamlining of the larger caliber ARs. That may not be a horrible thing. Having examples of everything from tactical rifles to hunting rifles under the same ownership will give them every reason to support the full RKBA as well as sustain and support hunting.

I wouldn't say they have inside info about the future of AW bans, more like a battle plan against it. If Remington took the same stance against the old AW ban that they did when they cut off Zumbo, things may have gone differently.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts