Remington to Become the Subject of a Federal Investigation

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by K75RT, Oct 29, 2020.

1. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    ******* union bullshit!

Gun Junkie and PAPA G like this.

2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Looks like more corporate BS... The lawsuit/investigation is due to Remington supposedly completely ignoring the negotiated labor contract they had and agreed to with the employees and on top of that the Remington CEO keeping the pending sale of the company secret while also trying to privately bid on it himself when no one else even knew the company was going to up for sale.

rando, neophyte, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  3. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

Yep, there is the union contract and federal labor laws, but also the elephant in the room may be the bankruptcy court. If they falsified anything in their filings in bankruptcy court they may have much bigger problems. Anytime a key player does something to put money in his own pocket, there is also the insider trading laws that come into play. Stay tuned, more to come on this one.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    K75RT, neophyte and Huey Rider like this.
  4. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Gee, sounds like something WE'D do........

https://asianaviation.com/report-cathay-pacific-to-cut-6000-workers-and-kill-off-dragon-affiliate/

(In HKG, the new contract is a 'sign or be fired' type of deal which eliminates the layoff/recall provisions of the old one. Effectively end-running the existing contract provisions without any forms of negotiating the change. It MAY even be illegal there; it would be illegal here).

TACAV likes this.
  5. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

TXplt likes this.
  6. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

surprised they even get the option of signing.

not even surprised even a little bit.
    we all know Remington was being buttraped from minute one when they got bought before.
    why would it stop just because it is in its second or third bankruptcy?

7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

information: Basic Union buster deal. CEO Ken D’Arcy.
    plays by his rules. Me first!
    Doing a little reading. CEO Ken D’Arcy. Broke another Union in France (I think it was).

https://wibx950.com/what-does-remingtons-new-owner-know-about-manufacturing-guns/

The more we learn about Roundhill, the more it seems that the group is much different than the Remington ownership employees have come to know over the last decade. Still, there will be a transition period that will most likely be uncomfortable for many employees and the community. That became evident last Friday when more unsettling news came in the form of an unattributed memo from the old company, warning that the new company will be starting with a smaller footprint. The memo stated fewer employees will be needed going forward. Employees were told that they will be informed by October 12th, A) if the furlough/limited workforce needs to continue, B) employment will be terminated, or C) if there's a new offer of employment by the new company. A "new offer of employment" means that workers who return might be employed under the terms of a new and different agreement between the company and union, as opposed to the continuation of the current contract.

Despite the uncertainty, an interview Mark Keefe did with Edwards last week did shed a lot of positive light on the new company. Keefe said that while he had never heard of Roundhill and Edwards, people he knows and respects in the industry, have.

"He (Edwards) is an industry veteran," said Keefe. "He has been involved in turning firearm companies around and putting them in a better position for the future. Though I didn’t know him, he is friends with many of my friends, and they speak well of him," he said.

“We are going to work our [tails] off and make a good product,“ Edwards told Keefe

Read More: What Does Remington's New Owner Know About Manufacturing Guns? | https://wibx950.com/what-does-remin...-guns/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

K75RT likes this.
  8. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

found article.

https://www.internationalsportsman.com/insight-into-remingtons-new-ceo-ken-darcy/

A look at D’Arcy’s career shows this strategy has worked out well. While CEO and President at Crosman Corporation, a manufacturer of air rifles, D’Arcy navigated the company out of financial trouble and through four separate acquisitions. Crosman is now known as an innovator within their industry, and during his 10-year tenure, the company released more new products than in the 78 years prior.

As president of Bollé, D’Arcy moved the 130-year-old company to private ownership and increased revenue during a period when France was dealing with labor union issues.

K75RT likes this.
  9. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

only problem is they'll still be making remingtons.

10. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

LOL!!!

It's Corporate BS, to get around the Union BS.

This battle gets played out every day in the American business world. It just doesn't make lamestream news, because it is mundane. The only reason the Remington story is getting traction is because of the "gun" topic. The LSM has to keep the "gun issue" stirred up in the sheeple's minds.

BigEd63 and TACAV like this.
  11. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Nothing wrong with that, if they make GOOD ones.

I LIKE my Remington rifles.

All of mine were made between 1999 and 2006.

12. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    True the only troubled ones and I've also seen Mossberg and Savages that had issues that had been bought at big box retailers like Walmart.
    I've also seen non big box Savages the 110BA Law Enforcement models in .338 Lapua with the scope rails canted so bad you'd be hitting into the twilight zone if you tried a long range shot.
    Notice I used the plural form of the word it wasn't just one rifle.
    So much for Remington being the sole one cranking out lemons in the firearms industry.:p:D

Ten Man likes this.