Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
37,468 Posts
I've noticed a lot of problems with ammo, the last couple years. Is Quality Control slipping?
I purchased a box of Winchester 9mm BEB for my Maadi Cadet. Two rounds fizzled - primer fired but not the powder, and the primer cups blew out! Another round from this box had the primer sitting sideways in the pocket. Cycling was never consistent with this ammo. The UMC 9mmFMJ never gave any problems. :eek:

Another Winchester problem - my .223 Bushpup will go full auto, slam firing - if I use the 45 grain Varmint load.
All 55 grain, UMC and milsurp, work flawlessly. Weird! :confused:

·
Banned
37,468 Posts
I buy the common ammo at Wally World (it's convenient, as we don't have a real "gunshop" in town), but generally reload or mail order for the more exotic stuff. The Winchester 9mm was such a surprise due to having three bad 'uns in one box!
The worst rimfire is the Remington bulk-pack stuff at Wally's. It is so inconsistent, it drives my semi-autos nuts. The Federal isn't the tightest-shooting, but it cycles okay.
The c/f ammo I get at Wally's - UMC .308 and .223, occasionally .303 Brit - always shoots well. Their UMC .38 Special, .357 Magnum and .45 ACP have always done well.

:target:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts