Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked one of these up. Anyone had any experience or knowledge of the Remington 541T. I did find where they were made for approx. 10 yrs. until '97' or so. Haven't tried it yet, want to get some match .22 to try first. Anybody had one? Has a Simmons 6x18x40mm scope.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Attachments

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,475 Posts
Very nice! I haven't handled one yet, but would love the chance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the heavy barrel version. Its finicky but when the conditions are right it will shoot superbly. My best ever 50 yard USBR factory sporter target is a 240 that I shot with this rifle and a lot of Wolf MT that it was fond of.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i pick up my youngest a 541-s a few years ago .. it shoots, but try diffrent ammo to see what shoots the best in it. my son's likes the agela std. vol.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the info. I have sighted mine in at 50 yds since my last post and I am pretty happy with the results. Not quite as impressive grouping as posted, but close. I used Eley club extra to sight in, but have some Wolf match ordered to compare. I appreciate the advice on the ammo, I have heard the Aguila is good. And I have read the Federal Champion is good also. Initial impression is, I will not be disappointed what ever I use. I will post results on each that I try.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 541T HB with a Burris 6x HBR scope that shoots very, very well...
I have found that mine has always shot Winchester T22 standard velocity great you can spend the money on match ammo but, as long as you are shooting standard and subsonic stuff this gun shoots great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 541T for many years, it is a true shooter right out of the box.
Mine is topped with a 4-12 x 40mm Bushnell Banner scope that works great for me as my eyes are getting older and I like to see a squirrel's pupil before sending a round downrange. My 541 does not get along with any round above the sub-sonic range. It loves Wolf ammo and Remington Subsonic ammo. At 50 yards that ammo will shoot a ragged hole and the subsonic ammo is nice and quiet...also called "Posted Land Bullets" by lots of folks. Anyway, my 541 keeps my freezer stocked with squirrel, rabbit, quail, grouse, dove and I turkey hunt with it...with Great success I may add.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts