Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old (Sears If I remember)12 gauge pump that has the 2 front tabs of the trigger group broken off. I have put some JB Weld in place to keep it from moving up jamming the action. Would it hurt to drill two small holes in from the outside and after threading them install small bolts or screws of some type?

Reactions: Jaison

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so this is a J C Higgins Model 20. There are (were) two little tabs at the bottom front corners of the trigger group. They apparently were intended to fit into two slots on the sides of the receiver. both of those tabs are broken off. They were what kept the trigger group from sliding up and preventing the action from cycling.

Reactions: Jaison

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
9,451 Posts
Bet TINCANBANDIT has a good source for that part.

Hope it’s not like an H&R Pardner I needed parts for. That was a frustrating quest akin to looking for unicorn earlobes.

Good luck, Brother Fox.

·
Registered
15,317 Posts
so this is a J C Higgins Model 20. There are (were) two little tabs at the bottom front corners of the trigger group. They apparently were intended to fit into two slots on the sides of the receiver. both of those tabs are broken off. They were what kept the trigger group from sliding up and preventing the action from cycling.
blue fox sir. Not having eyes on makes my suggestion more difficult. But, it sounds like I would find some steel pins, drill holes to insert the pins as reinforcement for the below product, (JB Weld makes a similar one), form the product to near the shape you need and final fit with a dremel or file. https://www.jdindustrialsupply.com/...=faststeel&utm_campaign=cse&msclkid={msclkid}

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Currently it looks like this gun will become a wall decoration. the wife has indicated that a newer model replacement is something I should consider. I think she is right.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
90 ain't bad at all.
a Winchester 1200 or 1300 is $120.00 if you can find one.

you can buy a brand new 1300 for about $300, if you look around some maybe a little cheaper.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, yesterday I got carried away with myself on this. I managed to cut a small piece of steel, shaped it with a Dremel and applied some 2 part epoxy to it. Still have some shaping to fit the whole thing together but hoping it works.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts