close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Report: Arafat accepts Clinton peace plan

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Boy hes a little late...guess he thinks slick willy is still in charge..

Report: Arafat accepts Clinton peace plan

Jerusalem-AP -- Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat says he's now prepared to accept a peace plan that he rejected in December 2000.

The plan -- offered by then-President Clinton -- would have created a Palestinian state in Gaza and most of the West Bank. And they also would have gained sovereignty over Arab neighborhoods in Jerusalem.

The respected Israeli newspaper Haaretz (huh-AH'-retz) says Arafat -- in an interview from his headquarters in Ramallah -- endorsed the plan's points, one by one.

Clinton presented the plan after a July summit between Arafat and then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak broke down without agreement. The plan was taken off the table last year when Ariel Sharon was elected prime minister.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Sorry, too late,do not pass go,do not collect $200! Slick Willie ain't the man no more,accept the new Sheriffs plan or get outta Dodge!

3. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

First thing,who is Arafat?He doesn't seem to be anyone who has any control over anythig!Today Bush said the Palastinians should get rid of Arafat and heed the word.Our Presidents "vision
    is an Isralie and a Palastinian state side by side.Peace and prosperity for all.Hummmm,sounds great.
    But first the old reality check!At this moment since the bombing Israel controls practically all of Palastine and the boss says they ain't leavin'!Sounds like a plan to me!I don't think they will ever co-exist so if we just get our big nose out of there things just might settle down after a while.
    I am getting real tired of kissing everyone's butt and then getting bombed for trying to help!:nod: :nod: :nod: :confused: